Questions about the school certificate (1 Viewer)

allira92

HSC
the SC is nothing to worry about.
just make sure you understand everything you do in class and dont fall behind...
the trials are usually harder than the acutal test but if ur worried, do some test papers once you get into term 4 or so...

I wish i was back in year 10...

pman

Banned
HSC
I stuffed around, had a laptop so i played computer games in class, didn't study, looked at the maths once, mgot strait band sixes...i'm not bragging, all i'm saying is if u think u'll do advanced subjects next year, u should haae no prob. i didn't even do my assignments, looks bad on ur report but unless the school gives u an n-award, it won't affect ur sc much. on the other hand, a solid grounding is extremly useful when u get to ur hsc so pay attention, do a bit of study in maths, english and anything u plan on taking on to next year

Cardea

HSC
Even though I haven't done my school certificate and am doing it this year, I don't plan to do much study.
After school, I'd go over my work from the previous day and on the day. Occasionally I'd go on those School Certificate multiple choice test things on the net and do those.
I think as well as doing the multiple choice tests on BOS, try to obtain a physical copy of any SC paper if you can. The tests on the site are good for MC, but for the short and extended responses, there might still be a few issues with copyright. Going from personal experience, I found that having the paper in front of me motivated me more - set yourself to complete the paper under exam conditions, get used to working for 2 hours without breaks and hone your concentration skills.

I think, more than anything, the most daunting thing about the SC is that they're your first major exams in one go. If you practise and get used to the exam format, you'll do well. That said, it's pretty early in the year - you don't have to worry much yet - just get through your half-yearlies first and make sure you've got those parts of the syllabus you're being assessed on covered so far. The SC is based predominantly on skills in most subjects anyway.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If you're worried then do past papers as everyone has suggested.

Personally, i didn't do any homework for any subject and didn't study. I simply did my assignments that the school made me do and that was about it. However, i did enjoy the subjects so i did pay attention in class so i guess that counts as studying.... I didn't study before the exams eitherand i got great results.

It's more a skills test than a knowledge test, so don't worry too much about it :)

Brontecat

HSC
way to motivate

i think with the sc dont worry until term 3 then start to revise a little bit but make sure you only revise what'll be in the test like dont worry bout ww2 cause the only war in in the test is vietname

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)