Questions about Transferring into USyd (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, I am a 1st year Actuarial Studies Student in Macquarie. But I am planning(hoping) to transfer to USYD Commerce next year. And I was wondering if anyone know what specific website I go to to find out some more informations about transferring.

If anyone already know how to transfer, please tell me as well!

Thankyou!

P.S. Can someone also give me some advise on coming into USYD? Can I transfer into USYD in my second semester? What prequisities do I need to transfer? Anyone know? Thanks..

P.P.S. I have posted a similar post in UNSW, cuz I still haven't decided or researched on which uni suits me more and which uni will accept me, so sorry for being so undecisive...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Email the faculty or the UAC. They'll be more than happy to walk you through the entire process.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Towards September, apply through UAC again just like you did last year when you wanted to get in after your HSC, but this time don't apply as a school HSC student, but as something else it says. And put in your preferences and everything and depending on how your UAI was and how your marks this sem and next sem will be, they will constitute a new UAI type thing for you and figure out what you are eligible for...I hope that made sense. That's what I did to transfer, but I transferred within Syd Uni.

menelaus

HSC
i agree, sydney's commerce doesnt look that great. macquarie's actuarial department has been around a lot longer than unsw's, so if u still want to do actuarial u should stay there. i also know that 1 of the big four prefer thier cadets to go to either uts, mac or unsw- not usyd. maybe something to think about.

HSC
menelaus said:
i agree, sydney's commerce doesnt look that great. macquarie's actuarial department has been around a lot longer than unsw's, so if u still want to do actuarial u should stay there. i also know that 1 of the big four prefer thier cadets to go to either uts, mac or unsw- not usyd. maybe something to think about.
Oh really? I'm still deciding whether to continue with ACST, but there are so much workload in ACST in macquarie and alot of Maths which I am not very good at (I didnt do 4unit maths in HSC) So I am hoping to do a more general degree.

Anyway. Thanku all for the help!

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
rnitya_25 said:
Towards September, apply through UAC again just like you did last year when you wanted to get in after your HSC, but this time don't apply as a school HSC student, but as something else it says. And put in your preferences and everything and depending on how your UAI was and how your marks this sem and next sem will be, they will constitute a new UAI type thing for you and figure out what you are eligible for...I hope that made sense. That's what I did to transfer, but I transferred within Syd Uni.
So would you have to supply transcripts for 1st semester results and for second semester as well when they come out to UAC and the faculty, or would they work the marks out from your tertiary themselves without input from you?

pete_mate

HSC
menelaus said:
that's only because they dont offer part-time courses at usyd and do at those unis.

you really thing mac would be better than usyd commerce? its purely that reason. commerce classes prettymuch end at 6pm, whereas you can goto a lecture at 9pm at mac.

the economics faculty at usyd rapes any other uni, finance is probly kneck and kneck with unsw. but i will concede that unsw is probly better for accounting, but only marginally. In reality tho, usyd and unsw are both top tier unis, G8 (top 8 unis in australia) and i reckon going to usyd is more fun than unsw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)