questions.. (1 Viewer)

celi0us

HSC
just a few simple questions about.. well uni in general, didnt know where else to post this

if you enrol in a DFEE course, do very well in first year, can you then transfer to CSP for the second year of the course?

and if you accept an offer for main round, you can still accept an offer for late rounds, right? you can jsut cancel the main round one?

i have a permanent resident visa. the requirement for fee-help is that u hav to have permanent humanitarian visa. im not sure if this is the same or if i can still get it?

thanks

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
celi0us said:
i have a permanent resident visa. the requirement for fee-help is that u hav to have permanent humanitarian visa. im not sure if this is the same or if i can still get it?
I don't think that they're the same, but you might want to check with the university.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
for your questions:

1) to transfer, you will need to apply through uac again. again there's no guarantee, no matter how high of a mark you got... having said that, however, from past friend's experiences, long as you have D average, transfer shouldn't be a problem

2) correct, always accept main round.... you can always withdraw your enrolment before census date (31st of March iirc)

3) permenant visa is not necessarily a permanent humanitarian visa... it's like a pizza is not necessarily a meat lover pizza...

also, last time i check, for CSP, you may only defer if you are a citizen. a PR wont' cut it...

celious

HSC
hmm well i have to pay $21,000
if i cant get a fee help, any one have any suggestions where im gonna get some help paying that off? is it possible to pay that over a certain amount of time?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
if you can't get FEE-HELP you're screwed. You will need to pay this all by the census date, from memory.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
were you offered a DFEE spot?!

where you NOT offered a CSP spot?!

if you weren't offered a CSP spot and can't pay the huge sum, then i guess hope for the late round... or else, yea, you are kinda screwed.

talk to the student center, and see how can they help with you... you might also want to contact the financial sector in usyd:
http://www.usyd.edu.au/stuserv/finances/index.shtml

and as a last resort, talk to the dean/associate dean of the course you want to get into, and tell them how much you want to get in... and tell them your difficulty... if you sound sincere enough, they might find a way...

census date is 31st march... but you better act ASAP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)