quick ques (1 Viewer)

HSC
can someone please explain what omniscient perspective and authorial intrusion are, and some examples which are used in Emma, i kind of understand what it is but when i look to find it i can't tell when it is being used.
thanks alot.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
authorial intrusion is where the narrator sort of talks directly to the responder, asks them a question or offers their own opinion of something. (the example my teacher used was "imagine, dear reader, that you are in jane fairfax's shoes...). it doesnt happen in Emma.

omniscient perspective (i think) is when the narrator knows what everyone in the story is thinking. when you are told how Emma is feeling, that would be an example of an omniscient perspective.

(correct me if im wrong, though...)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
omniscient perspective - from an all knowing, all understanding point of view ie third person.
authorial intrusion - when the author makes a direct statement to the reader by comment or self characterisation.
I don't do Emma so I really can't give you any examples.
EDIT:And you don't need to bump a thread unless you actually have something new - if people want to respond to it they will in their own time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)