Quick question for belonging!! Please help! (1 Viewer)

terimaa

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

my question was, in regards to the 2012 belonging extended question:
An individual’s perceptions of belonging evolve in response to the passage of time and interaction with their world. In what ways is this view of belonging represented in your prescribed text and at least one other related text of your own choosing?

in the question, passage of time is mentioned before interaction with the world

does it mean i cannot have interaction with the world before passage of time?
Would it work better like this??

Thanks for your help guys!
much appreciated

feuilleton

HSC
It doesn't really matter, as long as you have a structured approach and ensure that you address both parts of the question. Generally speaking, the passage of time is inherent within one's interactions with the world - i.e. an individual changes his/her perceptions of belonging through time, with their interactions with the world around them shaping these evolving perceptions.

That's probably the simplest way of going about it, especially if you can extract elements from your texts that address both 'the passage of time' and 'interaction with their world' simultaneously.

terimaa

HSC
N/A
It doesn't really matter, as long as you have a structured approach and ensure that you address both parts of the question. Generally speaking, the passage of time is inherent within one's interactions with the world - i.e. an individual changes his/her perceptions of belonging through time, with their interactions with the world around them shaping these evolving perceptions.

That's probably the simplest way of going about it, especially if you can extract elements from your texts that address both 'the passage of time' and 'interaction with their world' simultaneously.
So if my structure was
intro
interaction with the world-text 1
interaction with the world-text 2
passage of time- text 1
passage of time -text 2

would this be okay?

feuilleton

HSC
So if my structure was
intro
interaction with the world-text 1
interaction with the world-text 2
passage of time- text 1
passage of time -text 2

would this be okay?
Definitely, if you had a strong thesis to link them together in a logical and sustained manner. Have you considered structuring your paragraphs around the changing perceptions of belonging rather than separating the two concepts of time and interaction? You could easily analyse interactions through time as one concept and focus more on the effect it has.

terimaa

HSC
N/A
To keep it in a sustained manner, does that mean the characters i introduced in my first paragraph
i have to continue talking in my second?

feuilleton

HSC
To keep it in a sustained manner, does that mean the characters i introduced in my first paragraph
i have to continue talking in my second?
Not so much that - you can bring up certain elements about different characters to support a point you're making and not refer to them again in your next point, but sustaining it just means that you keep the essay centered around your fundamental argument. Be consistent across your points/texts when answering the question and don't divert. The problem with separating passage of time/interactions is that it becomes easy to engage in two divergent arguments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)