Quick question on ATAR estimates using new HSC marks?? (1 Viewer)

danielle93

HSC
I was pumped after putting my HSC marks into 3 different atar calculators and getting a good rank, roughly the same every time. It actually made me look forward to tomorrow.

HOWEVER...

I dared go on the UAC webpage's FAQ section and immediately saw the answer on how your HSC mark should not be gone off because its inaccurate since it's not scaled, blah blah blah.

My question is: Are the ranks i'm seeing now going to reflect what I will get tomorrow? Or am I way off like the UAC page said? Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

deswa1

HSC
You can't predict ATAR's by HSC results as a 90 is physics is way better than a 90 in dance but ATAR calculators take into account scaling of various subjects. They aren't perfectly accurate but are generally pretty close (to within 0.5 ATAR points)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Yes they are pretty accurate, within one maybe two of what you should recieve. This is because, when you place them in the calculator they are scaled, according to your aligned marks, and also to other subjects. It takes into consideration that a 90 in Food tech, is pesh, and an 80 in Physics or MX1 is a lot harder to achieve, and thus it will scale these two subjects a lot more. So unless, something drastic happens, you should recieve one close to your predicted one.

That is why peeps, some of you have recieved very good marks. However, because your subjects are like dance, food tech, your ATAR appears to be lower as they don't scale as well, due to being classified as relatively easy, in comparison to other hsc subjects. Actually, scrap dance, i don't actually know it's difficulty, but it just seems like an easy subject within reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)