• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Quick question: (1 Viewer)

OCxlr8ed

HSC
List the 3 main types of backup methods of user files:

I said: Full Backup, Incremental Backup, Differential Backup

The question is asking for this right? or is it asking for wat types of media ie. HDD, CD's, DVDs, RAID Setups etc.?

And another...

State 3 different types of biometric data, and how they are measured.
My Answer:
1. Retina
2. Fingerprint
3. Voice

Ermm...is this right? How are these supposed to be measured?

Thanks

HSC
you got the first one right. i never heard the second question but i imagine retina is scanned optically, fingerprint is also optically (light/optical device) and voice would be microphone

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
Good work! The first one was correct!

3 Types of Biometric Data on the other hand, that is a very badly written question. Are they suggesting write the types of data files that can be stored through biometric scanning or the types of devices that can scan biometric data. I think they are suggesting the later.

Fingerprint scanning is definately optical, retina i THINK is optical, but as for voice, if you get hit with how voice is digitized, hit them with this.

"Voice data is digitized by the use of a microphone plugged into a computer soundcard. The microphone caputres a natural real life analogue voice signal and passes through a Digital to Analogue (DAC) converter. The DAC first samples the sound and quantizes it into a understandable digital bitstream."

HAHAHAHA I think the marker would fall off his chair if you wrote that in the IT exam :) But hey! thats what you need to do to go very very well *hint hint*

Anyway, I must return to some study of my own (dam Uni Maths!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)