Quick question.. (1 Viewer)

hotfire

HSC
If i am very average in almost everything and say my ranks are for example 7/9 15/20 ect is there any point in studying for the hsc or trying as the ranks i have setup through the year will hold me back even if i get 100% in all exams in the hsc? Im just wondering if i should even bother.

shady145

Banned
HSC
lololololoollololollol do nothing and you'll get almost nothing...
your internals won't hold u back to much if u go hard

also depends on the calibre or your cohort

Last edited by a moderator:

hotfire

HSC
But everyone says that your marks will be determined by your ranks and seeing as i am on the lower end theres no point going really good now cause if i get 100% it will go to the rank 1 guy
Well thats what everyone tells me (even teachers) and from what ive read here

pman

Banned
HSC
Actually, the bos will not tell us how Atars or moderated marks are calculated or even if ranks actually make any difference

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
If i am very average in almost everything and say my ranks are for example 7/9 15/20 ect is there any point in studying for the hsc or trying as the ranks i have setup through the year will hold me back even if i get 100% in all exams in the hsc? Im just wondering if i should even bother.
very average?
thats way below average.
and its up to you.
of course if u do better in the HSC your ATAR will be better.

hotfire

HSC
Yeah which is my point im just wondering if there is any point in trying to go better now as even if i beat the entire class i wont get that mark

youngminii

Banned
HSC
You're thinking that your WHOLE external mark goes to that other guy.
No, if you get 100%, you still get 100% for your external. But for internal, the guy that came first gets 100%.
So you still get 100% as half your mark, then you get whatever you get for your internal as your other half.
So yes, trying in the HSC does help. A lot ==;;

hotfire

HSC
They never told me that they, as you said told me it entirely goes to them
Thanks mini!:sun:

shady145

Banned
HSC
have to ask shady, how many ppl at ur school do extension maths (1 and 2)
lol yea only me, i should put my rank as last in my sig XD
in MX1 we started with 6 now there is me

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
will ma ranks and ma subjects pull up ma atar?

wat marks should i put into the UAI calculator, the one on ma sig or alter i a little?

absorber

HSC
it depends on what you want to do. But don't give up. Too many students lose the confidence to do the externals after stuffing up internals, don't let it get you down

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
honestly don't worry, u must have smart students at school, so don't worrie, also the gaps between may not b that much and don't forget the HSC is worth 50% so don't worrie

i mean i serioulsy doubt that half these students r going 2 get above 85 on this site, so don't urself to them if u r.

yallah jsut study 2 da best of ur ability.

hotfire

HSC
Thanks guys, also is it true the trial are external exams? I have asked people and no one can really give me a definitive answer.

I am using the trials as a huge wake up call and am thanking god it was not the hsc exam i stuff up.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
the trial is meant to replicate the external exams.

i don't get where these people are brainwashed into thinking 'THAT GUY STOLE MY MARK' - reminds me of 'dingo stole my baby' kind of thing.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Were any of us alive during that trial? :p

gabgab

HSC
It's true that your rank affects the mark you get.

e.g. If you are ranked 3rd in Physics, and you go really well in your exam and get a mark that is the highest of all the people that do it, you won't get your own mark, the person who was ranked first gets the mark you achieved.

And you get the third best mark.

I'm not brainwashed, it's how it's done.

I guess its a way of rewarding people who work hard all year and maintain their ranks.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

e.g. If you are ranked 3rd in Physics, and you go really well in your exam and get a mark that is the highest of all the people that do it, you won't get your own mark, the person who was ranked first gets the mark you achieved.

I guess its a way of rewarding people who work hard all year and maintain their ranks.
no it isn't, get a clue.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

So...if I come first at Ruse in all my subjects..can I just walk into the HSC exam and doodle around on my paper? :rolleyes:

hotfire

HSC
Well thats what im wondering why cant i just walk into the hsc and not even bother cause im only gonna get what number 9 gets anyways
But then other people tell me its not true so i dont know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)