Quick Question (: (1 Viewer)

derek_

HSC
I'll be overseas when the main round offers are issued, what are the procedures which I need to undertake if I get offered a course to study at U o S? I'm talking about stuff such as whether I can accept the offer online or do I need to give someone authority to accept on behalf of me.

Thanks =)

SeDaTeD

HSC
I don't think USYD allows you to enrol online. From what I can gather from their website, either you or a proxy, with written authorisation to enrol on you behalf, must show up in person on the set date for the course. You accept by enrolling. If I can recall, the period is a few days around the 28th of January, someone correct me on this.

Lainee

HSC
From the website:

Although enrolment is an in-person process the person made the offer need not be the one who attends. Students who are unable to attend their session can send a proxy instead. This proxy must have a letter of authority from the student which identifies the student and the proxy, and which states that the proxy is authorised to enrol on the student's behalf. The proxy must be able to identify her-/himself and should have access to the student's offer letter and enrolment instructions, so that s/he knows what to bring to enrolment.

Your questions about the enrolment process, including those about making alternative enrolment arrangements, should be directed to the faculty which offers the course for which you have been made an offer. Contact information for the faculties is available in the University of Sydney section in the UAC Guide, from the faculty sections of the University's website, and from the University's switchboard on (02) 9351 2222.

Last edited:

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yup you have to have a proxy. They need to bring
1. A signed statement from you authorising them to act on your behalf, get these off the website - www.usyd.edu.au/su/studentcentre/proxy/proxy.html
2. Your letter of offer (the one you will get from UAC)
3. Some method of paying your enrollment fees - cheque, money order, eftpos, credit card
4. Your subject choices for 1st yr - look at the faculty handbook online, many courses have set first years so you may or may not have to chooose subjects..... dont stress, you can always change them afterwards, its not a big deal.
5. Your personal details - address, date of birth etc.
6 If you are a permanant resident, proof of the date that permanant residency was granted.

Any errors that are made can be fixed up later on, the most important thing is that someone shows up on your behalf to accept your place so it is not offerred to someone else.

cheers!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
SeDaTeD said:
If I can recall, the period is a few days around the 28th of January, someone correct me on this.
24 to 28th depending on degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)