quotes? (1 Viewer)

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
i have a question about my proposal:

my teacher gave our class examples of proposals from previous years that have received good(ish) marks, and from those we have to write our own. in the samples, they referred to movies and/or books they had watched/read in preparation. i've done the same, but i'm wondering if i'm able to put in a quote from a movie i watched to explain why i'm writing about what i'm writing about. i don't even know if that makes any sense, but basically: should i be putting quotes in my proposal?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I'd say its fine, It shows your starting points. Of course 'cause you are doing a story, maybe not too many, but my proposal was full of quotes (I think I actually opened with a quote) that basically triggered my ideas. Quotes are fine.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
nick1048 said:
you don't have to. I got full marks and I used footnotes and references but no direct quotations. You are proposing your ideas to the teacher, not providing quote after quote of justification.
i mean one quote, not 'quote after quote of justification' ??!

and thanks billy and amoz

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Yep that's excellent!!! I started my one with a quote and then followed a list of criteria to achieve the final proposal. Quotes have more importance if your doing a critical response like me, and again in the report and reflection statement. Goodluck :D

HSC
N/A
Hmm... this goes into EE1 essay territory...

I would certainly say quotes are good, but when you're dealing with 8 or so texts (which is the amount we were recommended to shove in there, although the actual amount ended up being between 5 and 15 when I did EE2) it just uses up valuable word space - alternatives are referring to a particular element of someone else's work you like, or citing inspiration from a particular work (how and why).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)