Radiohead Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
walrusbear said:
we should prob just list radiohead songs that DONT do it for you

here is my list:
how do you
i can't
lurgee
treefingers
hunting bears
pulk/pull revolving doors

some of the new bsides are shit too
citizen insane
where bluebirds fly
paperbag writer
:uhhuh: .

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
the first pavement album i ever listened to was slanted and enchanted and crooked rain i think. it was a while ago so i don't really remember.

paranoid android was the song that made me notice radiohead, i think it was fake plastic trees that got me hooked

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I live in Casula...which is around Liverpool, which is in the western suburbs of Sydney.

And yes dickie, it is currently an un-written law that you must wear second hand clothes to any Living End concert...there will be a referendum in the near future to secure this as part of the constitution...won't be long now, but all injustices will be undone.

As for Radiohead songs that haven't done it for me:
- Treefingers
- We Suck Young Blood
- Nice Dream (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't)
- Paperbag Writer

'...Young Blood' is kinda weak IMO, it doesn't really have anything that makes me all wet with glee...it's a pretty average song. I loved Citizen Insane and Where Bluebirds Fly though, I've always loved a good instrumental...and Hunting Bears is brilliant, it moves me. I had my CD player on full volume with Hunting Bears radiating throughout my street and I was crippled afterwards...it's a great song for the lonely heart.

I was never really a fan of Like Spinning Plates either..but it's grown on me...the only part about it that I like is Thom's "And this just feels liikke....spIIIINIIINNNNG PLAAAAAAAATES" Methinks that's is pretty awesome.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oooh i grew up kinda near casula! i lived in ingleburn and my gparents lived in heckenburg and i went to school across the road from liverpool westfields

ahahaha that whole area is a shitheap. sorry.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
HOH! I am so offended! A shitheap? Not very nice.

Nah, Casula's great IMO...Ingleburn is OK as well...but I suppose that now that you live in your mansion in 'Petersham' if that is it's REAL name then Casula may appear to be a shitheap.

No offence taken...you just hate me and my area...I'm cool with that... *Violent facial twitch*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yes i live in my huuuge 3 bedroom 'mansion' in the inner west with no backyard, i'm so elite. :rolleyes: its just a different atmosphere living where stuff actually happens haha.

what school do you go to? i went to st marys liverpool (now all saints) and leumeah ps and i know a few people from hurlstone ag, maq fields, leumeah high and sarah redfern high

HSC
taxman said:
I live in Casula...which is around Liverpool, which is in the western suburbs of Sydney.

And yes dickie, it is currently an un-written law that you must wear second hand clothes to any Living End concert...there will be a referendum in the near future to secure this as part of the constitution...won't be long now, but all injustices will be undone.

As for Radiohead songs that haven't done it for me:
- Treefingers
- We Suck Young Blood
- Nice Dream (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't)
- Paperbag Writer

'...Young Blood' is kinda weak IMO, it doesn't really have anything that makes me all wet with glee...it's a pretty average song. I loved Citizen Insane and Where Bluebirds Fly though, I've always loved a good instrumental...and Hunting Bears is brilliant, it moves me. I had my CD player on full volume with Hunting Bears radiating throughout my street and I was crippled afterwards...it's a great song for the lonely heart.

I was never really a fan of Like Spinning Plates either..but it's grown on me...the only part about it that I like is Thom's "And this just feels liikke....spIIIINIIINNNNG PLAAAAAAAATES" Methinks that's is pretty awesome.
wtf
we suck young blood and nice dream are two of radioheads best songs.
to say that we suck young blood is weak is pretty misguided.
the breakdown in the middle where the drums kick in gives me shivvers. Its such a moody song. so dark. and cmon, they even included the handclaps in the studio version.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
wtf
we suck young blood and nice dream are two of radioheads best songs.
to say that we suck young blood is weak is pretty misguided.
the breakdown in the middle where the drums kick in gives me shivvers. Its such a moody song. so dark. and cmon, they even included the handclaps in the studio version.
"We Suck.." gets on my nerves. While, at first, I liked it...especially the handclaps...it started to bore me afterwards...now, whenever I listen to Hail to the Thief, I skip it...it's the only Radiohead song that pisses me off...also note the key part of that post: IMO. I am entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is not midguided...it is my opinion.

Like I said, Nice Dream sometimes does it for me....I just have to be in the right mood...I'm often on a little bit of an energetic high, so if I listen to Nice Dream it annoys me a little bit.

Glyccy - I go to Casula High and went to Prestons Primary...I know a whole bunch of people from All Saints but that's about it. Stuff happens in Casula too....just not very often :p

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Übermaß möglicherweise aber ich haben einfach genug der ganzer Haltung gehabt, die Sie mir die letzten Tage gegeben haben, möglicherweise ist sie mis-reading durch mich, aber sie scheint, daß Sie opinionated sehr Person sind, die jedes haßt, das nicht vollständig mit Ihrem Gesichtspunkt ist.

Unterzeichnet, Hitler.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
I was hoping you could.

It may well be the fact that a person's tone and manner can't be read through a forum...but most of your posts in reply to mine seem to be attacking me...I apologise if they aren't and it's just chance...but if you are at me, then I suggest we agree to dis-like each other and for you to get off my case as I have done nothing to you.

I do thank you for the reference to Pavement though.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Well last time I checked I wasn't black...I'm sure of that...and I suppose since the attraction to men has never been evident then I'm not gay either...so, by process of elimination...you aren't attacking me.

Sorry for being a bit of a prick...but let's just get back to what this thread was about originally...an appreciation for Radiohead and their music.

So...what background music do you prefer? 'I Will' or 'Like Spinning Plates' played in reverse?

HSC
well given that they're the same song, it doesnt worry me
though i prefer the live version of spinning plates, and the album version of i will

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
here's the big q:

what's yr fave radiohead album? i'm tossing up btwn ok computer and kid a, although i think kid a generally wins...

taxman

make poverty
HSC
That is a big q...ummm...My favourites from first listen are probably Amnesiac and OK Computer...with Hail to the Thief in there...and Kid A and the Bends...ARGH!

Amnesiac is probably my favourite album...the one-two of I Might Be Wrong and Knives Out is unforgettable, throw in You and Whose Army and Pyramid Song and you have an awesome album. I think I'll start a poll for this one...be back soon.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
May as well include the EPs, or some of them;

Pablo Honey
1.Blow Out
2.Stop Whispering
3.You

My Iron Lung (Their growth between Pablo Honey and this is huge. Easily some of their best B-Sides.)
1.Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong
2.The Trickster
3.Permanent Daylight

The Bends
1.Street Spirit (fade out)
2.Black Star
3.Bulletproof (I Wish I Was)

OK Computer
1.Let Down
2.Subterranean Homesick Alien
3.Lucky (Also the earliest recorded song on this album.. Initially released on the 1995 'Help!' compilation.)

Airbag/How Am I Driving? (I prefer My Iron Lung, but still very good.)
1.A Reminder
2.Polyethelene (Parts 1 and 2)
3.Pearly*

Kid A (Their best album, IMO)
1.How To Disappear Completely
2.Morning Bell
3.Idiotique

Amnesiac
1.Pyramid Song
2.Life In A Glasshouse
3.Knives Out

I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings
1.Like Spinning Plates
2.Idiotique
3.True Love Waits (Perhaps the 1995 version is better, but this is still noice.)

Hail To The Thief
1.There There
2.I Will
3.Where I End and You Begin

B-Sides
1.Talk Show Host
2.Fog
3.Lull

Covers
1.The Thief (Can)
2.I'll Wear It Proudly (Elvis Costello)
3.Sing A Song For You (Tim Buckley)

Unreleased
1.Big Ideas (Don't Get Any)
2.Lift (1996 version)
3.Big Boots (Man-O-War)

HSC
why wasnt maquiladora on my iron lung?
it fucking should have been.

that and the trickster are my two favorite b-sides, with how i made my millions coming in third.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)