Rank Affect? (1 Viewer)

o0-Prodigy-0o

HSC
hey i'm just wondering that if i came 2nd in any subject at school, although in the HSC i beat the person ranked first would i end up getting a higher mark? Or will it even off, or do i have to get above them by around 5+ marks to beat them?

rlmck

HSC
iam the same as you . Athough iam coming second in 3unit mathematics i dont no exactly how the hsc marks work out if i beat the person coming first.
but iam fairy sure that your ranking determines half your HSC mark sent in by your moderated assessment mark. Athough i think the person who outranks you in the school based assessment gets a higher mark than you regardless.
but it leaves a number of questions to be answered . in a level playing field i would assume you will get a better mark but ranking plays a major role

runnable

HSC
Simply put:

A: Ranked 2
B: Ranked 1

Externals

A: 99 (highest mark)
B: 95 (2nd highest mark)

FINAL
A: (99+95) /2
B: (95+99) / 2

B will always get the highest external mark as their moderated internal mark and they always keep their own external mark. So if they mess up their externals, say 70, (70+99)/2, hes obviously not going to end up with a final HSC Mark higher than you.

Leading to the same mark. In reality, then 2nd ranked person does not simply get the 2nd highest external mark as their moderated internal mark, that will depend on the difference in marks between 2nd and 1st in internal assessments. Thats the essence of it.

lordesf

HSC
yeh so rank does affect.... hopeing u got a ok one ...

but if u nail the actual hsc, u would stil befine, i heard soo many miracle sotries with poor ranking and then nailed hsc... with an overall mark almost same as the hsc mark.. so ye.

o0-Prodigy-0o

HSC
runnable said:
Simply put:

A: Ranked 2
B: Ranked 1

Externals

A: 99 (highest mark)
B: 95 (2nd highest mark)

FINAL
A: (99+95) /2
B: (95+99) / 2

B will always get the highest external mark as their moderated internal mark and they always keep their own external mark. So if they mess up their externals, say 70, (70+99)/2, hes obviously not going to end up with a final HSC Mark higher than you.

Leading to the same mark. In reality, then 2nd ranked person does not simply get the 2nd highest external mark as their moderated internal mark, that will depend on the difference in marks between 2nd and 1st in internal assessments. Thats the essence of it.
ah ok ty so study hard and let fate do the rest :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)