Rate this car: 2010 Mazda 3 MPS (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Mazda 3 MPS... a car with massive amounts of power (190kW) going through the front wheels. My mate recently bought the new one and we went for a spin- it definitely feels like it pulls VERY VERY HARD and the stock tyres are surprisingly good for stock tyres. But then in the $40-50k hot hatch bracket against the Golf GTI Mk6, you need to be putting in good equipment levels to compete. The interior in the luxury model and epic BOSE sound system was pretty surprising- comparable to my setup despite me having to go aftermarket. The owner was impressed with the Bluetooth audio streaming off his iPhone but I thought the integrated GPS was pretty nifty. Only downer to a very nice interior is the fact that the interior will be almost unmoddable beyond using LOC or full range signal converters, etc...

Overall I was pretty impressed because I was expecting a torque steering monster. You can still see the torque steer but the really strong chassis and good tyre combination make it a lot less of an issue. Stability control did kick in a few times when gunning it hard especially in twisties whereby you can feel the car being corrected or 'flicked' back into place for a split second, but I enjoyed it a lot more than the Golf GTI Mk6 which I drove pretty hard (and even got traction control kicking in a bit early).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Smaller turbo and better power/torque curves a key factor I'd say. Kinda like a Ralliart lancer can outgun an Evo X in certain circumstances.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Like the way it sounds, goes...hate the way it looks.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
One thing I noticed is the new Mazdas are going to be very difficult to mod> I can't imagine any decent kits coming out which won't fundamentally rework the lines and styling (i.e. you'll need to spend a LOT to get a coherent looking kit).

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
One thing I noticed is the new Mazdas are going to be very difficult to mod> I can't imagine any decent kits coming out which won't fundamentally rework the lines and styling (i.e. you'll need to spend a LOT to get a coherent looking kit).
Honestly anything that gets rid of the stupid grin on the car's face is a good thing.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
thats okay because body kits are lame.
Depends on your own tastes... I'm over the whole bodykit thing due to the huge impracticalities they present in daily driving BUT they definitely can make a car look a lot better/more menacing/exciting.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on your own tastes... I'm over the whole bodykit thing due to the huge impracticalities they present in daily driving BUT they definitely can make a car look a lot better/more menacing/exciting.
This is very true, it can depend on what car it is as well.

Predator78

HSC
They aren't a bad car by any means.
Just that smiley face on it is a bit odd for a hot hatch although they look good in some colours such as that nice blue they come in.

Seremify007 and others how would you rate in terms of its other competitiors such as the XR5 Turbo etc?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
They aren't a bad car by any means.
Just that smiley face on it is a bit odd for a hot hatch although they look good in some colours such as that nice blue they come in.

Seremify007 and others how would you rate in terms of its other competitiors such as the XR5 Turbo etc?
Hmm... haven't ever driven an XR5T (my boss drives one though). Looks alright but isn't my kind of car. For that money I would probably consider the new Golf R which is around $49k not including onroads according to this week's SMH Drive.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Gotta love the GFC :) Every dealer had heaps of stock of every car... and if you rock up saying you have cash and don't need financing, suddenly you are a viable way to help them move their stock.

HSC
N/A
nice car.

for the money though i'd get the new golf with the turbo diesel

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
nice car.

for the money though i'd get the new golf with the turbo diesel
You don't rate the Golf GTI?

(that being said, now that Golf R pricing has been announced at sub $50k for the manual, I'd also consider going down that route)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)