Raw mark needed for band 6 in Std. English? (1 Viewer)

freydee

HSC
I realise that only a very small handful of students receive a band 6 in standard, but I was wondering what the raw mark for achieving such a band would be?

I was ranked 1/20 in my standard class, and maintained raw marks which were in excess of 85% all year. Any chance I'm in for a shot?

Cloesd

HSC
I realise that only a very small handful of students receive a band 6 in standard, but I was wondering what the raw mark for achieving such a band would be?

I was ranked 1/20 in my standard class, and maintained raw marks which were in excess of 85% all year. Any chance I'm in for a shot?
Well you're first which is good...

depends how much in the "excess" of 85%

I Study Hard

HSC
I heard they only gave out 15 band 6s in standard last year and none the year before o_O;

freydee

HSC
I heard they only gave out 15 band 6s in standard last year and none the year before o_O;
No, they gave out about 70 or so last year.

And by 'in excess off' I mean my lowest assessment mark throughout the year was 85%, and the rest were mostly in the early 90's. Trial was 93%, and I think my half yearly was around the 88 mark.

imoO

HSC
I've heard the scaling of the top .5% in standard is equivalent to the top 25% in Adv.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
If you're getting raw 90s pretty much then it's safe to assume you'll get a band 6, no? Even if it is standard, it still requires intelligence and effort to get into 90s.

rawrawr

HSC
i don't know what your cohorts like.. but you've always got a chance. band 6s in standard are insanererererer people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)