• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Raw Marks for First in course (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't get too worried about raw marks and HSC marks, just focus and try your best XD

Myans

HSC
It could change from year to year?

However, agreed with deswa - I always thought the student who topped the state in English would be getting 101+/105!
Its been 99 for the last 4 years.

And in terms of raw marks, Top of the state would probably only drop 2 or 3 marks max

HSC
Me? No way- there are quite a few people on BOS alone that are way more talented than me at maths. Hopefully I'll end up with a HSC mark of 96 or maybe 97 for 4U- that's the goal.
You're definitely in the running deswa!

Last year a girl at my school got 98 in 4u and 99 in 3u so that's kinda what I'm aiming for...don't know how well that'll go though lol. I read somewhere that some of the state ranks in 4u got 98 so she must have been lacking in terms of either raw mark or her 3u mark.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
my bros mates at uni in actuarial got 100 hsc mark (sen lin), and he was telling me after the exam he knew he only got 1 wrong - so a raw mark of 119/120

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
So your still not gonna get the first in the state even if you get 100/100 raw marks? it depend on the assessment too?
It's pretty much impossible to get first in the state (or any state ranking) if you aren't ranked first internally unless other people in your cohort get state rankings too. To be honest though no one should be expecting anywhere near 100% in a hsc exam if they aren't ranked first internally unless you have a freak cohort.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's pretty much impossible to get first in the state (or any state ranking) if you aren't ranked first internally unless other people in your cohort get state rankings too. To be honest though no one should be expecting anywhere near 100% in a hsc exam if they aren't ranked first internally unless you have a freak cohort.
I can see that reference to the JRAHS chemistry cohort :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)