raw marks xplain?? (1 Viewer)

swagmaste

HSC
ok I see threads where.they say a band 6 cutoff for physics is 70.
I thought it was 90 for a band six. Im new to this so I'm pretty confused

photastic

HSC
ok I see threads where.they say a band 6 cutoff for physics is 70.
I thought it was 90 for a band six. Im new to this so I'm pretty confused
Raw mark (What you actually got) > BOS aligns the marks to suit equity across other subjects > BOS gives you an aligned mark.

This is why 75-80 raw mark would align to 90 because it is not fair to say that a 75 in physics is the same as 75 in mathematics, hence BOS does this.

swagmaste

HSC
Raw mark (What you actually got) > BOS aligns the marks to suit equity across other subjects > BOS gives you an aligned mark.

This is why 75-80 raw mark would align to 90 because it is not fair to say that a 75 in physics is the same as 75 in mathematics, hence BOS does this.
So If I get 60 in the physics exam as a raw.mark it will be aligned to a 80

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
So a RAW mark is the mark you actually get in the exam before it is affected by SCALING / ALIGNING, which will either boost or lower your mark depending on the subject.

In your example you mention Physics which is a high scaling subject so a raw mark of 70 would be scaled up to / aligned to a mark of 90, which yes is on the borderline on a band 6.

That's my understanding of it, but then again I could be wrong :/

photastic

HSC
So a RAW mark is the mark you actually get in the exam before it is affected by SCALING / ALIGNING, which will either boost or lower your mark depending on the subject.

In your example you mention Physics which is a high scaling subject so a raw mark of 70 would be scaled up to / aligned to a mark of 90, which yes is on the borderline on a band 6.

That's my understanding of it, but then again I could be wrong :/
Not last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)