Real Estate as an Investment? (1 Viewer)

Arkad

HSC
doe said:
what do you think of peter spann? my dad got me a book buy him that looked remarkably cheesy (generic guy in front of ferrari on the cover) but i remember i quite liked it. i cant remember any of it now, maybe i will go back and re read it, i saw his name pop up on that real estate board too. that board is very interestingas well, thanks for that too.
Peter Spann reads like rich dad, which is good.

What real estate board, care to share?

Arkad

HSC
Sarah168 said:
Excellent site. I've head alot of people raving to me about Kiyosaki's book and I was cynical of it, judging from the way they're kept exclaiming he is a "genius".
That John Reed guy does not offer an objective viewpoint, he is taking it way too personally.

Arkad

HSC
LeftrightOut said:
"The Millionaire Next Door" and "The Millionaire Mind" these are great to find out what makes a wealthy person tick compared to just a rich person.
I wouldn't read his second book, "The Millionaire Mind". It's unscientific and too bias. You'll know what I mean if you've read it before.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Arkad said:
What real estate board, care to share?
This one http://www.somersoft.com/forums/

Arkad said:
That John Reed guy does not offer an objective viewpoint, he is taking it way too personally.
He seems quite objective, he goes into examining the various stories Kiyosaki makes, then he goes into the double talk that is used, then Reed examines the various strategies and how they don't really work the way Kiyosaki says they do. It seems very well researched and Kiyosaki has made comments back about it but did not actually address any of the Reed stuff as being false and i'm sure if it was Reed would have been sued long ago.

Kiyosaki is like Dr. Phil, sounds like a fountain of good advice but really everything you know about him is from his own words so it's mostly a charming act added in with a little common sense now and then.

Arkad

HSC
Thanks for sharing the board.

Yes I agree that Reed does make some good points about the book, but with comments like this it just destroys his credibility as an objective reviewer: "Rich Dad, Poor Dad contains much wrong advice, much bad advice, some dangerous advice, and virtually no good advice."

I mean come on, Rich dad is not perfect by all means, but it at least contains some good advice. And it seems to me that Reed is taking the matter personally by comparing himself with Kiyosaki.

Thats my personal opinions after reading Reed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)