Really need advice on mathematics choice and parents pressure (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi guys, basically i really bad at maths and i do 2 unit right now, but my parents think i'm doing 3 unit and they are trying to find a tutor for 3 unit and when ever i try to tell my dad thats it too hard and i want to do 2 unit he just yells at me and says i'm dumb and gets really angry for 2-3 days and no lunch money and ignores me, so what can i tell him.

Thanks

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds like an extreme version of my parents. Tell your dad that if he thinks you're dumb then why does he think you deserve to do 3U?

funnytomato

HSC
you could just give 3u a go , since the scaling of it is really really good.
but if you struggle with it too much , your parents should understand and let you drop it

HSC
Sounds like an extreme version of my parents. Tell your dad that if he thinks you're dumb then why does he think you deserve to do 3U?
But the only way to say that is during a conversation he starts which means talking back will make him even more angry and smack me or something

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
But the only way to say that is during a conversation he starts which means talking back will make him even more angry and smack me or something
I really feel sorry for you man. Maybe you can go seek help? Organise a meeting with your maths teacher or even your principal and your parents.

HSC
There are a lot of things that will make him angry, if i get a meeting with him, me and principal then he'd probably think that the principal thinks i'm dumb and called the meeting, then he'll be constantly yelling at me and asking if i'm embarrassed that every one know i'm so dumb

HSC
Please what should i do? He's gonna get me to go to this tutor in the weekend, btw i already went to one 3 unit tutor for one term, then the obvious happened

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Seriously talk to your principal, year co-ordinator, maths co-ordinator or whatever. Tell them everything about your situation and how he might abuse you and they should take it very seriously. If you don't do anything about it then it's going to be your own fault.

HSC
I want to but i just don't want to get hurt or yelled at it make me sad don't you know and i'd prefer to not let school know, but if i have to then i guess i will have to

HSC
Uni Grad
Your parents are gunna find out when you get your results though wont they? Any chance you can just tell them you're doing 2U, from the sounds of it they'll go apeshit but you wont have to cover it up and have awkward convos etc as there's nothing they can do but accept it.

Probably out of the question though I guess...

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I want to but i just don't want to get hurt or yelled at it make me sad don't you know and i'd prefer to not let school know, but if i have to then i guess i will have to
That's why you tell someone that you will get physically/emotionally/mentally abused if they don't help you. I don't want you getting hurt that's why you MUST seek help. Go see someone at school tomorrow morning. Don't hesitate or anything because you already screwed yourself over from the beginning by pretending to do 3U.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
... and board of fail 3 misses out opportunities again. I wonder why? hmmm

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
You need to man up, either man up to your parents or man up to your school (personally I would go school, less stress and suffering for you plus then they know more about your situation)l. If you tell a teacher what's going on, they have a legal obligation to report it. Find your favourite teacher (any teacher) and tell them whats going on, from there teachers will work it out and if needed get your parents involved,etc.

The longer you keep the lie up, the worse it will get.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
This guy PM'ed me asking for help and I told him to go see a teacher and tell them everything. He would do it all today, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I hope he's okay..

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you are serious, then I really feel sorry for and worried about you. You need help. If you happen to live in my area, I am willing to talk to your dad, after I've had a chance to talk to you and assess your maths, No charge. Don't go to the authorities just yet; not even your school as they may then have to act according to the Law in which case it may become too late to retrieve the situation - you may cause serious damage to your future relationship with your parents. Leaving home is not an option. The authorities here handle things from the Western perspective. I don't always agree with their approach. Asian parenting (maybe you are Asian?) has many faults - but you have to work it out carefully. You feel helpless in your current situation on your own. I've tutored many students and parents do heed my advice.

Maybe you can tell your dad that you have a tutor (i.e. me) coming to assess you so he can hold back your 3U tutor for a while at least.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)