• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Reccommended text books and study guides? (1 Viewer)

roadcone

HSC
i just use excel, altho i didnt use it very much at all in prelim it did come in handy for one assignment that i had.. the macquarie revision guide is also pretty good.. sorry i dont use a text book so i cant really help u there

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i use the heinemann textbook for school legal studies
used this for prelim and HSC
i have excel study guides-had it for prelim and same now for HSC
but dont really use it much

wallid

HSC
trust me use the heinemann textbook

our teacher use to photocopy pages from my heinemann textbook and give it to the class..

nothing beats it

HSC
i'm using macmillan legal txtbook (school issued) for yr 12 even though i used heinemann in yr 11. is macmillan good? i don't want to spend too much money on heinemann legal yr 12. i mean $53 at dymocks????!!!! i'm also using macquarie revision guide

goan_crazy

HSC
**freakstar87** said:
i'm using macmillan legal txtbook (school issued) for yr 12 even though i used heinemann in yr 11. is macmillan good? i don't want to spend too much money on heinemann legal yr 12. i mean $53 at dymocks????!!!! i'm also using macquarie revision guide
i paid 55 for my heinemann book :p and we HAD 2 coz thats our skool text...

mercury-chic

Heinemann textbook and Macquarie Revision Guide all the way.

I've never used Macmillan so no comments on that. I think that's all you really need to do well in Legal Studies. "Legal Studies in a month" wasn't very useful so I don't recommend that to anyone. It could possibly be used for a last minute quiz before an exam.

The Jacaranda (I think it was) palm cards are also pretty good for a last minute read before exams. They're only about $15 I think at Angus and Robertson.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
our school used longman in the preliminary course. in the hsc course, we're actually using heineman. though i would prefer either excel or macquarie revision.

macquarie revision i think is good, because most of its study guides usually follow the syllabas dot points.

the excel guide i can guarantee to be heaps good. i read the whole excel book for the premliminary course in one night, before my year 11 exams. i ended up coming 2nd in the exam.

though longman is also pretty good as well, since it cites the cases and acts at the start of every chapter.

goan_crazy

HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
our school used longman in the preliminary course. in the hsc course, we're actually using heineman. though i would prefer either excel or macquarie revision.

macquarie revision i think is good, because most of its study guides usually follow the syllabas dot points.

the excel guide i can guarantee to be heaps good. i read the whole excel book for the premliminary course in one night, before my year 11 exams. i ended up coming 2nd in the exam.

though longman is also pretty good as well, since it cites the cases and acts at the start of every chapter.
did u really read the whole excel book for the prelim course in one night!
thats amazing! good on ya mate! that book was thick! i have it :eek:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh i actually did read that bloody thing in the one night. i was very lazy at the time. i hadn't payed attention in class and i wasn't doing any of the set homework. half the time in lesson, i didn't know what was going on. i felt sorry for the people who did study consistently all year, but still just passed as ub by only a couple or a few percent, or just failed. however, a majority of the class did fail, so getting second isn't that big a deal.

excel was great i reckon, stick with it, and i reckon you will do relatively well.

goan_crazy

HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
yeh i actually did read that bloody thing in the one night. i was very lazy at the time. i hadn't payed attention in class and i wasn't doing any of the set homework. half the time in lesson, i didn't know what was going on. i felt sorry for the people who did study consistently all year, but still just passed as ub by only a couple or a few percent, or just failed. however, a majority of the class did fail, so getting second isn't that big a deal.

excel was great i reckon, stick with it, and i reckon you will do relatively well.
i tried to work consistently all year and i onli got 74% or somethin for yr 11 which was like 5th in the grade...
damn lesmiester_dj ur so good! lol but congrats man
that was good work!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha man, i only got 66%?! though the highest in our grade was low 80s i think. i only beat 3rd by anout 2%.

goan_crazy

HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
haha man, i only got 66%?! though the highest in our grade was low 80s i think. i only beat 3rd by anout 2%.
oh alrite fair enough
good effort tho!
nice craming :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)