Recommendations of good tutoring services (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey there,

I'm looking for a good coaching centre for Mathemtics 2U

Does anyone know a good coaching centre similar to matrix and around the Hills district in Sydney? Or places like eastwood, or anywhere like that?

Im still deciding about matrix, but i want to know about other good centres out there too

Ive heard of the 'Kip McGrath education centre' in Castle hill, but i dont know if its any good or the prices for tutoring.

So could anyone recommend anything they've been to, or heard of?
Cheers guys

HSC
Does anyone know if James An or discovery are any good?

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
crissgoes2skool said:
I heard James An is pretty crap.

For maths, I'd personally go to the stereotypical 'asian' tutors - for example Harry's Education, Tips, Dr. Du, Truong... however those places have massive waiting lists and also some places (like I know for Truong) only teach MX1 and MX2.

But yeah - if you can't find one, just go to like a North Shore or Pre-Uni, heard they're not too bad.

HSC
why is james an crap? is it the teachers......

they seem like good places, do you know any others?...i think those places are a little too far for me

smushieex

HSC
crissgoes2skool said:
Hmm, discovery. lol.
It's bitter sweet, I guess? HAHA.
The atmosphere there is nice and not so uptight, and the people are awesome and really friendly, even the principals are cool. lol. They have a learning centre where people just go to study, it's kind of like a mini library where people go if they're waiting for classes. They have a few study books and photocopying services etc. lol. Oh and 7 computers w/ internet.
and! They have a tutor sitting at the front who you go to if you need help.

Anyways, yeah. Personally, although the college itself was friendly and whatever, the tutoring for me wasn't as strict as it needed to be. For example, in my class, the teacher was okay at teaching, but he kinda rushed through the booklet. We didn't even mark homework or hand up our booklets at the end of the topic. (I don't know if it's just my class though)

Overall, I think discovery is a great place with a nice enviroment, but it will definitely be a much better place if they cracked down on the students a little more. meh. dpnt think I explained myself well, but hopefully you get what I'm saying. Lol?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)