Recycled Water: Your Opinion (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
This has become an issue in the media again. I do believe that we've got the highest dam levels in three years and about 7 months of rain this month. LOL.

http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,23636,21962967-31037,00.html
NSW PREMIER Morris Iemma has defended a planned Sydney desalination plant, saying it is one of a raft of measures to protect the city's water supply for the next 25 years.
$500 per home for rainwater tanks: Rudd
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21965336-5007133,00.html?from=public_rss

I know that there are tough water restrictions still in place and that the other parts of this country still in drought but if there is a very, very, very severe water shortage, it'd be great to have a mixture of water souces- maybe recycled, maybe rainwater tanks and maybe desal. Some water restrictions necessary as well.

Also, Morris Iemma wants a desal. plant that's twice the size as originally planned. It sucks that we're paying $2 more a week for it. He says that it's cheaper to have it twice the size.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Desalination is definately the future as our science and technology improves because the saltwater we can tap into, unlike recycled water, is endless.

The problem with recycling water is that human error in the recycling process can be devastating. Although the 'ordinary' standard of recycled water is fantastic, if something goes wrong, many people can be struck down by deadly diseases residing in the 'recycled' water.

To guard against the risk, recycled water should be released back into the river system before it's ready to drink. But to do so is uneconomical, because notwithstanding the possibility of human error, recycled water is already sufficiently clean for drinking. So by all means we should recycle our water - but the water should only be used for animals, agriculture or other suitable purposes

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
nichhhole said:
Reminds me of Hiter, in Mein Kampf...

'All propaganda must be popular and its intellectual level must be adjusted to the most limited intelligence among those it is addressed to. Consequently, the greater the mass it is intended to reach, the lower its purely intellectual level will have to be. '

'The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, but their power of forgetting is enormous'

Hitler was right on that point though.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
I used to live in Germany, we drink, shower everything in recycled water. Tastes like chlorine shit but it wont kill you. You will get rashes.

As for desalination plants, they need about 100MW of power to operate. Our 'great?' PM John howard proposes his apparent 'clean' coal technology to supply energy to the desalination plants. What a contradictory idea. You do know that coal stations require giga litres of water to cool down their towers. Why the hell would you produce water from sea water to cool down your towers. What a waste.

It will be good if there are recycling plants to feed the recycled water to the coal stations. I am not a supporter of coal stations nevertheless. I think all should be replaced by clean and renewable energy technologies.

melmelzz

HSC
Re: Recycled Water: Where the hell is it?

cs01001 said:
I wouldn't mind drinking recyled water if they are properly cleaned. As long as authorities such as Sydney Water can prove it to be harmless. The 'clean' water we are currently drinking came through in big rusty pipes anyway. So No objections to recycled water here!
i totally agree, many people dont want to see anymore water restrictions coming our way so the only way to do this is recycling water. There is absolutely no problems with this. aslong as the water is safe to drink :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)