Reflection - Bibliography!?! (2 Viewers)

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
I am seriously misinformed about my reflection statement (since i havent been told anything)

do we need to include a bibliography in our reflection statement? and is it a full bibliography of everything we've looked at all year? or is it just a bibliography of everything that we've mentioned in the reflection statement?

i just found out i need to put a bibliography in my journal... :eek:

and what is the difference between the report and the reflection statement? would i need to make that many changes? im going to rewrite my reflection statement from scratch and i wanted to know how much i could 'draw' from the report :p

im working on this reflection statement more than the MW atm (which i also havent finished) because im going to try and use it to justify everything that ive done ;) and that they should give me full marks ;)

Can anyone help me with the bibliography thing? i looked on the board of studies website and i couldnt find anything there that mentioned a bibliography.. so i assumed that we wouldnt need one at all?...

my teacher doesnt tell me very much...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Bibliography????

Well, I supppose it doesn't really apply to me, doing poetry and all......

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
do we really need that for short stories? Shit *goes off to find some books to pretend to have read*

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Bibliography????

Well, I supppose it doesn't really apply to me, doing poetry and all......
Me too.

I'm going to hand in the same thing for my "assessment" (report) and as my product/submitted Reflection statement.

They are basically the same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Report = assessment for school, as a process
Reflection Statement = external marking, as a product

Lolliana

an annotated bibliography is obligatory for those doing critical response, for everyone else its optional, althoiugh somewhere in your journal you should have written fown all the boooks you have used as research

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
Originally posted by Lolliana
an annotated bibliography is obligatory for those doing critical response, for everyone else its optional, althoiugh somewhere in your journal you should have written fown all the boooks you have used as research
would the bibliography count in the word limit then if i have it at the end of my reflection? i am going to put a bibliography in my journal as well.
do u think i should just put a bibliography for the books (etc.) that i mention in the reflection at the end of the reflection? or would this make it look like i didnt use any other research besides this? ...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I don't know about optional - from memory it was mandatory for everybody no matter what medium you were using.

Make sure you annotate it. Look up info on the harvard method for writing annotated bibliographies, it's one of the most commonly used.

Anything you've watched/read/viewed/contemplated as a reflection of your MW should be included, although you could always add things you haven't watched/read/viewed/contemplated ;) I know I did. Ha.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
and no, the biblography is not part of the word limit

include everything - just use the same bibliography for both journal + reflection statement.
actually, i don't think i included one for my reflection statement - just in my journal.

emily

hey there all!!

wow this is really cool, and i'm really pissed off that i only just found it!!:rolleyes:

doing short story too, and i have just sat down to start my reflection statement - soo hard!! got crap for my report at school so i'm probably screwed, and hey i haven't finished the actual thing either!! (Or drama which is due on Monday) don't think i'm going to sleep untill this goes in on tuesday arvo!

argh, can't believe i only just found this...

hi all btw i'm ems :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
umm, if you include it include it at the end and it's not part of your word count.

hey ems :)

emily

bugger, bibliography, bugger bugger bugger!
going to just shove it in my journal - they never even open them anyway!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol

damn bibliography aye...

/me points to library

...theres ya research :D

Jinglebell

HSC
we're meant to do an ANNOTATED bibliography? dammit, i was just doing a regular one...but then, our teacher hasn't even mentioned the word bibliography to us, so we were just making it up as we went along...

hmm, i better go contact the other two girls doing critical response to make sure they do an annotated one...

Huy

HSC
N/A
If you're talking about the internal assessment 'report'
then my school doesnt ask for an annotated bibliography.

looking at another assessment task (report) from another school, they had:

'write a report that considers the product and process of independent investigation and its significance and relationship to your major project'

'you must include a full bibliography (not annotated and not in word count)'

'the report must be word processed'

then they had considerations/suggestions.
ie

consider such questions as (these are suggestions only)
- what resources you used, both human and physical
- the access and availability of resources
- your evaluation of these resources
- which resources were most significant and why
- how the resources impacted upon your major work
- the processes you used to investigate
- an evaluation of these processes
- how you integrated the investigation into your major work
- the significance of the investigation at various points in time in the development of the major work
- anything else you may consider as important

'major work journals must be submitted with the task'

Originally posted by lemonade
eh? whats the difference between an annotated bibliography and a bibliography?...
bibliography - a few sheets at the end pointing to references used, they are not related to specific parts of the reflection statement

annotated - specifically targetting a sentence/word used in the reflection statement/report. for example, you would have footnoting and annotations used throughout your reflection statement such as ^1

----------------------------------------------------------------
1 BOS www.boredofstudies.org (2003) or whatever

whereas your 'normal' bibliography is just a single/separate page with a listing of all sources, annotation is constant throughout and used whenever something is referenced/linked/quoted etc.

Jinglebell

HSC
we had to do annotated for the report, but mine was a load of crap i made up in a free on the day it was due:) i wasn't planning on doing it for the actual MW bibliography though...until now...

lemonade: annotated is when you have tyo write crap about each source, like what it told you, why it was useful and stuff...regular is when you just do the usual author/year/publisher etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)