reflection statement hardships (1 Viewer)

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
righto.
written the major, named it, polished it - all done.
written the reflection statement - BUT IM 200 WORDS OVER THE LIMIT. does anyone else agree that 1,500 words is not adequate enough in order to discuss all the different aspects they want us to talk about? Hate small word limits! Must start to edit!
do you think 200 words over is too much??? its microsoft word's word count so that includes the 'a's', 'it', 'and' 's etc etc.... do you reckon they will notice???

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
hehe, mine's 200 words over too, but I'm not really all that fussed, because the one's that have been put up on this site are over - Laz's at least is over by about 350, and he got 46/50

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
thank goodness for that! I can now rest and leave it! that means da da da da da daaaaa IM FINISHED!
I might go off and sing now

liddy

vicburke said:
thank goodness for that! I can now rest and leave it! that means da da da da da daaaaa IM FINISHED!
I might go off and sing now
yeh...thats right....leave the rest of us unorganised ppl to have a cry!

HSC
N/A
It's just annoying... i have a couple of sample RS' that are so condensed and polished you couldn't stick a toothpick in there... pretty depressing...

Oh, and I finally concluded my reflection statement. My friend tells me that it sounds like a speech from the Academy Awards. :p

J

jhakka

All the Reflection Statements I've read are either boring or "I love myself, I'm so great!"

mayhemily

HSC
yeah. I hate the ones that uses many words that you have never heard before. It makes me want to burn all my work and assume the foetal position and cry at my inadequacy.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
are they sposed to use long words? mine doesnt use long words. Its quite simplistic actually. when i showed it to someone, they said it seemed "really chatty". i didn't think that was a good thing so i tried to fix it... but it's still not good!

J

jhakka

Mine got to the point. I used a lot of words relating practically everything back to the syllabus points. At least the markers won't miss out on that.

HSC
N/A
Hmm...

I'm trying to go for the 'long words that no-bodys head of'. Unfortunately, it's difficult working with words I'm not familiar with...

I feel like resuming the foetal position too... I just spent half an hour editing the FIRST PARAGRAPH of my reflection statement... this stuff is pathetic...

J

jhakka

Wouldn't I only be in your world if I spent half an hour editing my first paragraph?

HSC
N/A
Yeah.... ugh you're making me sound even more like the idiot I am... I'll shut up now...

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
mine has the odd big word here and there
(doesn't it seem strange that the only way i can describe a 'big word' is by calling it a 'big word'? evidently, THIS is going well)
AND i think i sound up myself
ahhhh, it's too hard to say "look, my work has a shitload of integrity" wihtout implying "my mw is the epitome of literature"
am i the only one who thinks this? am i really just self-absorbed? oh, the revelations that come with this subject.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)