Refusing To Remove Software?? (1 Viewer)

DV8

HSC
Hey Guys! I Recently Installed JMP (Statistical Software) Onto My Computer From CD-ROM... No Problems. I Passed The CD Around To A Few Of My Friends With OS's Ranging From WIN98-XP, I Myself Have 98. One Of My Friends Who Also Runs 98 Was Able To Install The Program But When She Tryed To Run It She Received An Error Message Indicating A Problem With A .dll File. We Tried Uninstalling The Program Through "Add/Remove Programs", It Went Through The Process And Said It Was Removed But It Was Still Included On The List Of Programs. We Tried Reinstalling JMP From The CD Straight Over The Top, But It Refused Since As Far As It's Concerned, JMP Is Already Installed. We Went Round This Vicious Circle Quite A Few Times But Neither Party Is Willing To Budge and The Program Will Not Run Straight From The CD. Anyone Got Any Ideas?? Anything Would Be Appriciated Muchly :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
Theres a few things you can try

1) Check whether the JMP directory is still where you installed it. If its there and theres nothing you want to keep in it its probably safe to delete.

2) For the brave, you can go into the registry and delete things related to JMP.

This second thing is probably more likely to fix the problem. If you are unsure how to work with the registry you should be able to find share/freeware "registry cleaners" on the net that might do the job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)