regarding RPL (1 Viewer)

jp3

HSC
hi everyone

prior to being accepted into B Bus, i completed a diploma in Tourism (Operations Management)

i don't know what i will be exempted from since i did a few management subs in the course, so i really don't know what subjects to pick for my first year

advice? i don't even know what to do first...enrolment is on wednesday

cheers!

W

whsmith

I'm applying for excemptions as well.

When you enrolled online it asked you if you wanted to apply for excemptions right?

Bring the required documents to the enrollment, and while there they [i believe] have a big book with what corresponds to what in big scheme of things.

You apply for your excemptions there, and then pick what subjects to study.

Then again, This is hear-say to me. So take with a grain of salt.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I too am applying for RPL.

I do know that we need to bring subject outlines, an academic transcript and the RPL form.

Does anyone know where i can get the above documents certified at UTS? Will anything happen if they're not certified?

jp3

HSC
thanks guys

yeah i did tick that box

but im under the impression that when we enrol on the day, we pick our subs too. and i just like to be organised, that's all..

someone suggested that a pick a major, since i know i won't be exempt for those

but i want to be on the same level as the first years, if you know what i mean haha

i believe the safest way is to bring the original document, as well as a photocopy, so it is certified that it is a true document...

i'm freaking out, i just really want to figure out my timetable asap since i have work commitments, that's all.

W

whsmith

Do you need to bring a copy if your carting the original?

Bah.. Im getting all confuzzled. I'm gonna call up tomorrow.

I'll get the facts.

jp3

HSC
yeah it would be good if you could post them here...i can't call them because i work every day from 8.30-5.30, and they are open from 9-5...and it also wouldn't be cool to call the uni from the office, since they don't know i'm leaving them for uni yet lol

i sent them an email a week ago and they haven't replied...

but i'm pretty sure you bring the original as well as a photocopy

jp3

HSC
i got this email on Friday...only just read it today...it might help

Dear Potential Student,

Congratulations on receiving an offer to UTS!

Our records indicate you have been made an offer in a course within the Faculty of Business at UTS. We believe you may also be intending to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). That is, you may wish to seek "advanced standing/exemptions/credit" in your degree course at UTS based on studies you have undertaken previously. Further information regarding the Recognition of Prior Learning within the Faculty of Business is available online at http://www.business.uts.edu.au/students/current/prior_learning_ug.html . Many of your questions regarding RPL may be answered by referring to this website.

The Faculty processes as many "exemptions" as possible from information provided by students in their applications for admission, prior to the enrolment sessions.

The Faculty strongly recommends that all students seeking RPL bring their original Academic Transcript for sighting by Faculty staff, plus one copy to be retained by the Faculty, to their enrolment session. Please Note: A result notice or web download is not sufficient.

Your Academic Transcript will assist us in finalising your exemptions as soon as possible, and help us to enrol you in appropriate subjects for your course at UTS, taking into account the exemptions you may obtain from your previous studies.

We look forward to meeting you at the Recognition of Prior Learning desk at your enrolment session.

Regards,

Kirstin Larsen

</X-SIGSEP>Kirstin Larsen
Senior Administrative Officer
Faculty of Business
Kuring-gai Campus

University of Technology, Sydney
P.O. Box 222
Lindfield, 2070
NSW Australia

Ph:<X-TAB> </X-TAB>(02) 9514-5393
Fax:<X-TAB> </X-TAB>(02) 9514-5398
Email: Kirstin.Larsen@uts.edu.au
CRICOS Provider Number 00099F<X-TAB>

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Here's my problem.

I ordered an academic transcript from my previous uni last Tuesday. They say that i will receive it in the mail within 5 working days. I still haven't got it and i need it sent to me by tomorrow since my enrolment session is on this Wednesday.

If i don't get my transcript by tomorrow, I guess i would have to download my results off the net to show them the subjects i've completed. Do you think this will work if I tell them what has happened? Or is it likely that I'd have to come back on another day?

W

whsmith

Bah?

I didn't get one of those... Damn DAB department - Send me Info!!

Anyways, listen up peeps. Called them up [they didn't want to talk to me], but i got this info out of the:

Read - The - Site.

*Sigh*

But i have found particular documents:

http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/forms/index.html
Scroll down to "Enrollment", and there is a document entitled - 'recognition of prior learning application'. Grab it, Fill it out [if you know what to fill], and read on the 2nd page the list of what to bring.

http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/enrolment/how_to/new/oncampus.html
Basically all the jazz about what we need to bring to enroll. Where to go for ID cards, and other fun information.

Enjoy!

P.S: There are different views here and there between what you need to bring in regards to actual work documentation. Just bring your Original AND a copy - a copy that is verified by a community representative [Bank/Post office Manager], or Justice of the peace.
Also - If your from an obscure college/uni [like myself] - be sure to bring Subject descriptions for them. Again, Copies would be nice.

maka

HSC
Raynaldo...... I think that if you can justify the ordering of the transcript and can validly show you have attempted to acquire one eg receipt they would be willing to help you out. Take a web result sheet as well as a receipt.

Sometimes admin takes longer than expected and another option could be to go to UWS and ask them for it on the spot. They can probably do that.

If in doubt you may always go back and sort it out when your transcript is ready.

Jamsi

HSC
You just need to bring your transcripts (Original) with you to one of those morning sessions. They verify it and make copies.

W

whsmith

I'm going in Friday...

I'm hoping for at least 2 subjects gone this year.

And maybe 1 or 2 2nd year.

As for 3rd + 4th; i dont really think i have a chance - Subjects get a little too wacky.

Yay for excemptions! [crosses fingers]

peepee

loser.
HSC
Rayanaldo said:
How come?
something about how they don't allow one-to-one exemptions, only block exemptions

so yep i've gotta do stuff i've already done again.

stupid useless tourism piece of shit course.

W

whsmith

Aaaarrggh!!

1 excemption! :(

Not cool. Oh wells, They are 'looking into' one more for me, But its Highly doubtful. Im a sad panda.

Also, the excemption is In Year 2... sigh... I gotta wait for it.

1 bonus - I did get i little look at the timetable, so i can finally start planning work!

W

whsmith

*stares at you soooo hard you might ignite*

Damn you to hell!

:D

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
okay boys and girls....

you can bring your academic transcript to the day of your enrolment and they will do it then and there for you...
or if you would b kind enough to assist them in speeding up your enrolment then it would be wise to goto the faculty office a couple of days before your enrolment day for them to exempt you in whatever subjects that you can get exempt for...

regarding the unit outlines and all dat stuff....
you dont really need to bring any of that shit if you attended a uni or tafe in NSW
bcoz uts already knows what subjects equals to what from the institutions that are in NSW ...

The unit outlines is only required if u went to some private unrecognised institutoin by uts ... where they do not have n e prior knowledge of their assessment methods, books used, etc etc etc etc.. lalala

nah mean??

so chill if u went to UWS or TAFE or those other unis.. then relax u dont need to bring n e of your unit outlines.... just bring the academic credit and have a fotocopied versoin of it (stamped and signed by a staff at Student Admin Unit)

peace^^

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I’m applying for exemptions too and was wondering in advance… do they do it on the spot like in a few minutes on the enrolment session? Because I heard you have to enrol and register for your classes on the same day. What if I apply prior to the enrolment session ie visit to the faculty... does it takes a few days?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)