Regarding the slut/hero female/male double standard (1 Viewer)

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
In reality, men are called a 'hero' mainly because it is an ACHIEVEMENT to be able to successfully sleep with lots of women. It's not something easy to achieve, whereas females generally struggle less relative to men and just yield the man's mushroom tip. This is the reason why you might find men saying they slept with for example 15 women, but in reality they only slept with maybe 2? On the other hand, women tend to reduce the number so they won't feel like a slut. Simple.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Slut shaming is fine by my book only if men are equally demonised for the sexual urges they share with women. It just seems fairly irrational to think otherwise.
It's "irrational" to the extent that tendencies that arose due to evolution are irrational. In which case, basically everything is irrational.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
In reality, men are called a 'hero' mainly because it is an ACHIEVEMENT to be able to successfully sleep with lots of women.
No, this is just of a result of the underlying evolutionary impacts.

Why do men want to sleep with lots of women in the first place? Evolution

Why are women more selective in who they have sex with than men? Evolution

It hard to do lots of things, but that doesn't make them per se noteworthy.

studded

HSC
So you're advocating a "put up and shut up" attitude?

Yeah, because society has evolved and injustice been rectified by people sitting back and doing nothing about it :rolleyes:

You're acknowledging it's a double standard which, by definition, is a problem but you're saying that it's okay for such a problem to exist. Men and women aren't the same but what's wrong with wanting the same advantages in life especially if you hold that all human beings are born equal.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
No, this is just of a result of the underlying evolutionary impacts.

Why do men want to sleep with lots of women in the first place? Evolution

Why are women more selective in who they have sex with than men? Evolution

It hard to do lots of things, but that doesn't make them per se noteworthy.
Well said Sylvia, it's all about evolution. However, I'm not sure what it has to do with this topic. If there was a girl I really liked, and she is honest to me and told me that she used to sleep with men in her past. As long as she is honest, won't sleep with other guys anymore and is disease-free I will never call her a slut. I think the term 'slut' is rather temporary, meaning that it can deteriorate over time if the person changes. I know... I also went off the topic!

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Seems like this endless debate will never end, no matter how many threads are opened worldwide. :D

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
As long as she is honest, won't sleep with other guys anymore and is disease-free I will never call her a slut.
Well okay, that's great. MY point is that the reason why some men would be reluctant to enter a relationship with her is not some oppressive cultural thing, but rather an inherent trait rooted in evolutionary adaptation .

puremorning

HSC
Really a stupidest thread someone can start, and yet every forum has few.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Well okay, that's great. MY point is that the reason why some men would be reluctant to enter a relationship with her is not some oppressive cultural thing, but rather an inherent trait rooted in evolutionary adaptation .
Ok, gotcha. That makes sense.

JustDance

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Yeah. I just ate my neighbor, reminded me on something I hunted 4000 years ago...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)