Regards About EVO 6 !!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

kido525

HSC
Hi guys i was wondering if someone can tell me the PROS and CONS with this car, it seems to be a car im interesting in purchasing budget is around 30- 40 grand

What colour would look good on an EVO 6??? I had White, Black, Yellow and SIlver in Mind but can't make a decision

Is it better to buy the evo 6 from private or from dealers cause their prices are quite similar and when buying this car what things should i be looking at before buying it

thx guys

Shintzu

free photo anyone?
HSC
i used to be in love with EVOs. tho i wuld never think about the evo 6 since it's one of the downfall years of the evo legend. but if i was to buy an EVO, i wuld always go for a new one since these performance cars would probably laboured pretty hard so i guess it would be quite hard for find a good conditioned evo... but u DO get these seldom opportunities...

colourwise...personally i would prefer yellow and black on an evo..

well if the prices are quite similar from dealers and private, i would prefer buying from dealers since (i assume) they have warranty?

haha im sorry if im not helpful at all =P

7th Sign

HSC
best bet would be to ask on a car forum which is full of car narks ...get info of real evo drivers...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I also think buying an old Evo is quite challenging since in those days they would've been imported by people who were serious car enthusiasts- and as a result are likely to have suffered a lot of wear. That in itself is a pretty big con because you might need to spend a bit to fix it all up and unless you know cars/where to buy the parts/etc... it could end up having an indeterminate cost.

To be honest I don't think you'll be able to find 'that many Evo6s' in good condition to choose between- but my cousin's owned yellow, red & white and silver Evos and I'd say the yellow (if well painted/maintained) looks the best, the red one looks like the Rally car (awesome) if done up properly, and the stock silver just looks cheap. Bear in mind my cousin never bought an Evo6- IIRC he's had Evo3, Evo4 and Evo7.

Out of interest have you actually ever been inside an Evo? Assuming it's a stock Evo, don't be expecting the car to be very nice inside. It's really bare, the sound system is shate, and apart from performance, everything else is pretty crap in comparison to a normal car. The reason I raise this is because if you're on your P's (also note: if you're a new P plater, I'm pretty sure this car is on the prohibited list), not too skilled a driver and/or unlikely to make use of the performance, buying an Evo will probably be more for show than anything else-in which case you might as well buy a riced up Lancer.

If the prices are similar, go with dealer if they can provide you with warranty and post-sales support/service of some sort.

Last edited:

Jiga

Out of interest have you actually ever been inside an Evo? Assuming it's a stock Evo, don't be expecting the car to be very nice inside. It's really bare, the sound system is shate, and apart from performance, everything else is pretty crap in comparison to a normal car. The reason I raise this is because if you're on your P's (also note: if you're a new P plater, I'm pretty sure this car is on the prohibited list), not too skilled a driver and/or unlikely to make use of the performance, buying an Evo will probably be more for show than anything else-in which case you might as well buy a riced up Lancer.
Yeah exactly... they are so shit inside! Look at other performance cars I recon.

Heres one I found though that looked alright:

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/mitsubishi/lancer/sydney/detail.aspx?id=2635330&pg=1&pp=1&d=0&nv=1

Jiga

Driving mans car lmfao!

To put it bluntly, the Evo is a car for people with tiny penises..... it is a shell on wheels. They are cars for people with more money than brains, Id take an XR6 Turbo over them.... you get only alittle less power 0-100km/h, yet you get way more features. And the new Evo's dont even look that good either IMO

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
DaddyK said:
who gives a shit if the interior is crap, its a boosted AWD sports car, an evo is a driving mans car, if you want a car for the interior buy a merc or a beamer.
The reason I raised the point was because he seems like a new driver (no offence intended) and probably won't make use of nor appreciate the power of the Evo, and might also be expecting a little bit more from the interior for the $30-40k budget which he intends to spend.

Although Schoolies_2004, I think I'd pick the Evo over a Holden/Ford. I know I'm very stereotypical Asian, but there's something about the Evo which is alluring and attractive- although it is losing appeal by being so mainstream; much like how the R35, if it's a mass-market product, will just kill off the exclusivity factor.

Jiga

Although Schoolies_2004, I think I'd pick the Evo over a Holden/Ford. I know I'm very stereotypical Asian, but there's something about the Evo which is alluring and attractive- although it is losing appeal by being so mainstream; much like how the R35, if it's a mass-market product, will just kill off the exclusivity factor.
If I wasnt paying then sure yeah, its an image, but if you actually worked for it and it was your own money.... I would go for the XR6 Turbo, it has more power than you will EVER need, and comes with all the other trimmings (Up to date safety features, good interior etc) you'd expect for a car over $40k.

Yeah thats very bland (and tbh, I think thats a flattering pick of the interior, have a look at one in real life!), it looks the same as the Lancers in the 90's...... except they cost $20k :rolleyes: (My friend has a 98 Lancer, there are alot of similiarities between the two interiors)

What I would expect for $40k+

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i16/1613_8lo.jpg

NOTE: Im not a big Ford or XR6 Turbo fan, but its just an example of how crappy the Evo is as an alround package. You are essentially paying all that money JUST for the engine, the rest of the car is inferior to cars of the early 90's let alone anything past 2000.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Driving mans car lmfao!

To put it bluntly, the Evo is a car for people with tiny penises..... it is a shell on wheels. They are cars for people with more money than brains, Id take an XR6 Turbo over them.... you get only alittle less power 0-100km/h, yet you get way more features. And the new Evo's dont even look that good either IMO
Yeh because XR6 turbo's can keep up with lamborghini gallardo's. Not. An evo is simply in another class to a ford falcon....are you fucking retarded?

alexxxz

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Driving mans car lmfao!

thats like comparing a cruise liner to a speedboat. put a xr6t and an evo on the track and see if you still think that... an evo is an enthusiast's car. xr6t is just a bogan aussie "sports sedan". 0-100 means sweet f.a.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ToO LaZy ^* said:
totally agree.
and what kind of douche bags would care about the interior if youre buying a performance car.
People who won't be able to make use of the performance aspect and are only buying the car for show :p (not to suggest that the topic creator is one such person).

From a rational standpoint, the Ford is a much better buy- and as someone else mentioned, the Evo is an enthusiasts car- but if you're only buying it because it has the name and you're a P plater who can't go above 100 (or even be skilled enough to make use of the car) then there's a lot better things you could do with that money.

Coming from someone who's shotgun'd in evos, gtrs, etc... the Evo is very ugly inside, very bare, the seats are good but long drives aren't comfortable, etc. Simply put, unless you're definitely going to make use of the features- it's not worth the buy; unless you are buying it for the badge.

Jiga

Hahaha

Yeh because XR6 turbo's can keep up with lamborghini gallardo's. Not. An evo is simply in another class to a ford falcon....are you fucking retarded?
I dont think Ive been claiming XR6 Turbos are THAT fast my dyslexic friend... please quote where I claimed in my previous posts that they were fast? Im talking about which car is OVERALL better value for money (You know, money people work for, not leech off their parents), taking into consideration a number of factors. The Evo is an overpriced piece of crap, like I said, you are prity much paying for that engine which if you dont race..... aernt even going to use its full potential anyway...... But I forgot, your a fully sik gangsta drifiting all over the streets on your p's :rolleyes:

and what kind of douche bags would care about the interior if youre buying a performance car.
Someone with common sense, paying $40K+ for that car.......obviously you dont expect it to be the latest european design.... but that car is beyond bland and is lacking in many areas for such a highly priced vehicle.

thats like comparing a cruise liner to a speedboat. put a xr6t and an evo on the track and see if you still think that... an evo is an enthusiast's car. xr6t is just a bogan aussie "sports sedan". 0-100 means sweet f.a.
Hmmm according to redbook 0-100km/h, both current models.....

XR6 Turbo = 6 seconds
Evo = 5.7 seconds

Im talking about which is a better car overall... and ah 0.3 second slower, and 100000x better in every other aspect....including price ($10k for dat matter). Maybe we should know what we are talking about in the first place? And i dont think they would ahve that much on the XR6 on the track, judging by their features they have only slight advantages.... and I dont think public streets are race tracks, and I highly doubt alot of their owners frequent actual race tracks. 0-100km/h is all you need to know for normal driving, it has some power to it the XR6, MORE than enough. And like I said in my note in a previous post, I just gave the XR6 as ONE example, I dont give a fuck about them, but even then, it puts the Evo's "performance" to shame!

People who won't be able to make use of the performance aspect and are only buying the car for show :p (not to suggest that the topic creator is one such person).

From a rational standpoint, the Ford is a much better buy- and as someone else mentioned, the Evo is an enthusiasts car- but if you're only buying it because it has the name and you're a P plater who can't go above 100 (or even be skilled enough to make use of the car) then there's a lot better things you could do with that money.

Coming from someone who's shotgun'd in evos, gtrs, etc... the Evo is very ugly inside, very bare, the seats are good but long drives aren't comfortable, etc. Simply put, unless you're definitely going to make use of the features- it's not worth the buy; unless you are buying it for the badge.
Exactly, thats what Ive prity much been meaning.

Last edited by a moderator:

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Sure, if it's your second/third car, for a thrash on weekends that may be the case. However there is nobody on these forums who would be doing that. This means that you would have an EVO as a daily driver. The novelty of badly equipped interiors wears off, and you can only push it so much in city traffic. You're not buying just a chassis and engine here. It seems naive to spend so much on a daily driver wihout considering the repercussions of the use it's going to undergo.

Jiga

Id pick a WRX over an Evo
I think the WRX's interior is only alittle better than the Evo's.... but if your looking from a performance point of view, Im quite sure the STi is alittle quicker as well ;)

But they are so common these days WRX's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)