Regretting or Hating any subjects? (1 Viewer)

klaris

HSC
I don't hate any of my subjects as of yet.

My two favourites would have to be Modern and English Ext.

:)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
ITT: Yr 11's making premature ejaculations.....Umm decisions >.>.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lol at all the year 11s enjoying their subjects, i give you 2 months before you turn suicidal
What a silly thing to say, few people become that unhappy with their subjects choices.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Most of the time it is only a brief dislike. I went through a stage last year thinking about dropping Ancient History but I stuck to it and now I'm enjoying it.

Just keep a positive attitude to everything and you'll be fine.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
thinking about changing these...

Biology---------------->Business Studies
SORI ------------------>Catholic Studies
Mathematics--------->General Maths

Oladele

HSC
business, freaking assignment is killing me softly.
i want switch to legal or economics.

noeyedeer

HSC
at the moment i actually like all my subjects.
i know it's not going to last buuuuh..
there hasn't been anything too complicated. eg. Maths ext - rounding off ahaha.

So glad I don't have to do drama, commerce, pdhpe or geo anymore and have more classes with the subjects i like more ^^".

maths94

HSC
im h8ting engineering studiesss lol the types of woods and metals and steel is annoyinggg but it doesnt really matter i am going to drop it in yr 12 as i hav 13 units i can drop a subject

Holly M

HSC
English!!! I have never liked English, but am actually quite good at it (so i am told, i think they're lying).

I am doing Extension for some ridiculous reason. First lesson of Ext. and the teacher asked us all to tell him why we want to do Ext. that's a very good question.
I am dreading the amount of time i think it will take.
English, to me, is too creative and wishy-washy these days. It is a subject that i expect i will have to really pay attention to and put a lot of effort into as it wont come naturally.

I think advanced will be alright (as long as i change classes, which is planed), but i'm worried about Extension, but i of course will give it my best shot.

Maths Ext. 1 looks hard, but i enjoy maths so it should be good, but i expect i will have to pay more attention and do more practice, i'm used to... well to put it simply; just going off my natural talent. I'm not sure about the teacher, he's apparently quite good but seems a little hard to learn from and often refuses to try and explain it in any other way, he also seems rude to people who don't get it or write down something wrong. The maths teacher we had for the last 3 years was great, quirky, but great, he often treated us all like idiots, which annoyed me then, but it wasn't too bad in retrospect.

I'm liking Society & Culture so far, it has my favourite teacher and the syllabus seems good, it is quite... umm... i don't know how to describe it... conceptual and such which i was expecting to be a bad thing, but since i think i will understand the concepts then it is turning out to be good. I did well in History and Geography in 9 & 10 and had the same teacher, so here's hoping. Only problem so far is the people in the class. I have a few good friends but the rest is made up of students who are using it a a bludge class, the kind of people that asked to watch a movie every lesson last year, and seem to be doing it again this year. it annoys me that there are so many people at school who don't seem too interested in actually learning anything.

I hear a lot of complaints about Biology from friends and you guys, my Chem and Physics teacher says it gets much, much better in year 12, (well I'm almost positive it was Bio he was talking about, i cant quite remember).

I write too much, I'll stop now.

Last edited:

musing

HSC
I hate economics.

The subject is dull. The teacher is dull.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
You people are all hilarious. Don't make judgements when you've only had the subject for what, three days?

bouncingfire

HSC
i went to the biology class today and i quite enjoyed it, i cant make up my mind. i have applied for economics via correspondence. Until then i will probably do biology and make up my mind once i start economics.

WEMG

HSC
Looks like I'm not alone. I just don't like economics. Its not the teacher, its the subject, its so boring!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)