"relate to Belonging, and to your focus?" (1 Viewer)

S o r - P o r

HSC
If I'm not mistaken, my focus is belonging, right? So why does my question sheet ask:

"How does the piece of stimulus material relate to Belonging, and to your focus?"

Can someone please clear it up for me?

And if it doesn't mean "Belonging", does that mean the text we studied for Belonging but then, it later on says prescribed text.

lychnobity

HSC
If I'm not mistaken, my focus is belonging, right? So why does my question sheet ask:

"How does the piece of stimulus material relate to Belonging, and to your focus?"

Can someone please clear it up for me?

And if it doesn't mean "Belonging", does that mean the text we studied for Belonging but then, it later on says prescribed text.
Um, I'm assuming the "focus" in this case, is referring to your thesis, or point of view.

Can you clarify what you meant by the part in bold? The prescribed text is the main text you studied for belonging...

S o r - P o r

HSC
I just think that "focus" means Belonging but my friends think otherwise.

Okay. There are three questions in my assignment:

1. How does your stimulus material relate to belonging and to your focus?
2. How does the piece of stimulus material relate to your prescribed text?

3. How does the language of your piece of stimulus material convey meaning and develop your understanding of the concept belonging?

I understand question 3 and I kind of understand that the prescribed text probably refers to the text I studied for Belonging.

lychnobity

HSC

3. How does the language of your piece of stimulus material convey meaning and develop your understanding of the concept belonging?

I understand question 3 and I kind of understand that the prescribed text probably refers to the text I studied for Belonging.
Right, much better.

1) Belonging and focus in this context is in relation to belonging and how you have deconstructed it - eg did you pay particular attention to cultural belonging, spatial, historical etc

2) How is your prescribed text (the one the teacher did with you) like/unlike the stimulus given? Think about themes.

studymyassoff

HSC

Well, with this area of study "belonging", everyone has a different perspective and interpretation of what "belonging" means to them. So you have to write your own interpretation/focus and how you deconstruct the meaning of belonging

e.g. Within this area of study, belonging or not belonging allows a investigation of human nature and character. This is clearly evident in......(text and related texts)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)