Related text needed!! (1 Viewer)

Viru10

HSC
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good related text (preferably movie/short story) which talks about belonging and or not belonging enriching someones identity. Romulus My Father is my core text. If so, please help me let me in on it :D

Thanks!

day26_

HSC
+1
i'm doing this book too.. i HATE IT! i wish it wasnt on the list for belonging texts arghhh,

+ theres no notes on the net and my teacher isn't really giving us much to work with either.
i was thinking of the following: what's eating gilbert grape, shawshank redemption, kite runner, la vita e belle or donny darko... (all films)
still havent decided and i have a speech in 2 weeks to do :(

bananarama69

HSC
i know it's a heaps common text but why not Looking For Alibrandi, either book or movie.

Viru10

HSC
+1
i'm doing this book too.. i HATE IT! i wish it wasnt on the list for belonging texts arghhh,

+ theres no notes on the net and my teacher isn't really giving us much to work with either.
i was thinking of the following: what's eating gilbert grape, shawshank redemption, kite runner, la vita e belle or donny darko... (all films)
still havent decided and i have a speech in 2 weeks to do :(
haha yeah same! i have a speech in two weeks as well arghh :evilfire:

ive been searching around for short stories on the net, according to my friend theres some good Tim Winton stuff but i cant get a hold of it...

LibrarianLouise

HSC
N/A
Re: Related texts

For a great list of related texts try the following website:-
: Belonging
The best tip I have for you is to look through the suggested lists - you may already find that you are familiar with one of the suggestions eg that you have already read a book, or seen one of the movies. This way you can save yourself a lot of time.
Always check with your teacher that they are happy with your selection of related texts as well.
LibrarianLouise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)