Related texts to "Belonging" (1 Viewer)

Rackshea

HSC
Well the teacher wants us to do some related text things and we need to find 3 related texts. I was wondering. Should I do Bend It Like Beckham ?

I kinda also wanted to do "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift.

silentdreamer

HSC
I would advise against doing songs in general, since you need to talk about the musical elements of the song e.g. tempo, key etc. as well as the lyrics and a Taylor Swift song really isn't substantial enough to be able to analyse in depth

Bend It Like Beckham isn't a bad text, but it is a fairly common one, so just be aware of that.

You want to be able to link your related texts with your core/prescribed text, so look for texts that either talk about similar issues or aspects of belonging to start with, and go from there.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
What are your related texts meant to be related to?

Also, +1 to the above.
I'm going out on a limb here and assuming you're not a music student? Generally using a song as a related text is harder as it has to be treated as a song, and often students treat it as a poem. A song =/= a poem. Again, as the above said, you have to mention musical aspects such as tempo, tone, verse/chorus structure etc. etc.

Rackshea

HSC
Well, at the moment the core text I'm studying is "The Namesake" and I think the teacher just wants us to find related texts which relate to The Namesake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)