Related texts (1 Viewer)

bcd

HSC
QUICK QUESTION: How important are related texts?

Hey,
Can anybody tell me how much information is required when writing about the supplemetary texts. Like in Journeys, they expect you to write the same amount for each text...what about powerplay?

Thx

Last edited:

Sol888

HSC
im sorry i cant answer your question..

but i've got a question of my own.

i was wondering how many related texts are needed and how many related texts are expected for a band 5-6 answer. With the AoS i was struggling for time and only had time to gloss over the second related text ><

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
bcd said:
Hey,
Can anybody tell me how much information is required when writing about the supplemetary texts. Like in Journeys, they expect you to write the same amount for each text...what about powerplay?

Thx
You're writing mainly about Frontline, which leaves you little space for additional texts. Focus mainly on your prescribed text, and write maybe 1-2 paragraphs for each of your additional texts.

Sol888 said:
im sorry i cant answer your question..

but i've got a question of my own.

i was wondering how many related texts are needed and how many related texts are expected for a band 5-6 answer. With the AoS i was struggling for time and only had time to gloss over the second related text ><
1-2 is usually required. For our trials, we needed only one. For the HSC, however, I think you need at least two.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
What Dreamerish has said is correct( as per usual:)). However you will find that you will be struggling to fit both related texts in to your essay with time constraints, so your first priority is to link them to Frontline(or Birthday Letters or Antony and Cleopatra if you do that) and back up these links. A band 6 result will also have some analysis of each related text but you will find that it is somewhat cursory in comparison to the prescribed text.

bcd

HSC
kami and dreamerish,
thanks a lot for that! really appreciate it.

Sol, i think they normally ask for two related texts for this topic and this should be sufficient for a band 5/6 answer. If you use too many, your answer may run the risk of not having enough detail. Anybody, correct me if i'm wrong.

Again, thanks...

pink-a-licious

HSC
well...my english teacher said that related texts are supposted to be support material meaning that they are supposed to support your argument. So choose ones that are related to your prescribed text. it is best to use 2..because any more will be a waste of time and there wont be sufficient information to support a well balanced argument..hope that made sence

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)