Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

Dramaqueen06

HSC
Is the HSC ruining your relationship?

Hi,
Wondering if the hsc this year is affecting anybodys relationship?

Legham

HSC
Re: Is the HSC ruining your relationship?

nah

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Re: starting a relationship less than a month before HSC

Tulipa said:
Dude. The HSC is not that hardest thing in the world. If you can't handle a relationship and do the HSC at the same time, you'll never be able to handle a relationship in the real world.

Make sense?

Good.
Seriously, come on kids, you'll be doing the HSC all over again twice a year, for at least three years. Grow up :)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Re: do u think a relationship will interfere with you hsc?

Exphate said:
Look, i've said this in other HSC SECKINGS threads.

If you can't balance life and the HSC, you're fucked for the rest of forever.

UNI is just as much work, over 4 years. Oh no, no relationships then either.

AND WORK?

Oh god, you better believe you aren't going to survive being @ work for 40 hours a week and survive in a relationship.

Harden the fuck up.

It's about moderation.

Fist eachother every second weekend, or integrate the secksytimes into your studies.

IE PDH - your muscles that are currently being used are:-, this is ____ stretching etc etc.

Comeon morons. Be creative.

Being shit at the HSC is not the be all and end all of life.

Disclaimer:-

If you are Asian, don't take any of the above advice. Just fuckin' study.

kthxbi
Yeah, you said it as well :D

Evilo

HSC

Fish Sauce said:
for serious?
yeh, i mean i spose it just comes down to inexperience and the "hype" associated with HSC. But i love living by myself and its all going well, living at home i had the parents on my case all the time.

JulzMighty

HSC

Josie said:
Seriously, come on kids, you'll be doing the HSC all over again twice a year, for at least three years. Grow up :)
it depends what you're going for. for many people, all you need to do in uni is pass, while hsc is when you aspire towards high goals to get into the course you want. most of the adults at my church who i've discussed hsc with describe it as the worst time of your life, and uni as the best.

and most of these people got UAIs ranging from 95-100 (inclusive).

i'm looking forward to learning about what i want, instead of compulsory english and other subjects limited by the size of my school.

i doubt exams at uni will be like hsc all over again. i never have trouble passing any subject regardless of how little i study. but at the moment i'm seeking a UAI of 95 for the sake of an incentive from my parents, while my preferential course only had an 85 cut-off last year.

and here's where i realise that despite responding directly to an on-topic post, mine isn't on-topic at all.

um.... thumbs-up to hsc relationships! woo! just set some boundaries or something if u need to spend long times studying.

julz

grace@mac

HSC
mmmm a hard one, my bf broke up with me the dfter his formal and i had to stay at his house for 2 days afterwould cos we long distance( and it was going so well dammit) but i kinda was really cut but i was glad to have the hsc as a distraction, except i do waste a lot of time thinking about it! not crying or anyhting to bad just general time wasting and now im mad cos he could have ruined my hsc!!! the worst part is i havent fully worked out how i feel cos i dont have time to do anything but study!!!
im so gonna get PTSD

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
grace@mac said:
mmmm a hard one, my bf broke up with me the dfter his formal and i had to stay at his house for 2 days afterwould cos we long distance( and it was going so well dammit) but i kinda was really cut but i was glad to have the hsc as a distraction, except i do waste a lot of time thinking about it! not crying or anyhting to bad just general time wasting and now im mad cos he could have ruined my hsc!!! the worst part is i havent fully worked out how i feel cos i dont have time to do anything but study!!!
im so gonna get PTSD
Are you kidding me?

Do you know what PTSD is? You're not going to get it from breaking up with your boyfriend or the HSC.

Pace_T

HSC

JulzMighty said:
it depends what you're going for. for many people, all you need to do in uni is pass, while hsc is when you aspire towards high goals to get into the course you want. most of the adults at my church who i've discussed hsc with describe it as the worst time of your life, and uni as the best.

i'm looking forward to learning about what i want, instead of compulsory english and other subjects limited by the size of my school.

i doubt exams at uni will be like hsc all over again. i never have trouble passing any subject regardless of how little i study. but at the moment i'm seeking a UAI of 95 for the sake of an incentive from my parents, while my preferential course only had an 85 cut-off last year.

and here's where i realise that despite responding directly to an on-topic post, mine isn't on-topic at all.

um.... thumbs-up to hsc relationships! woo! just set some boundaries or something if u need to spend long times studying.

julz

when i read this post i just knew it was written by some faggot 07er. you can't even compare the two, let alone suggest that its easy to pass uni exams since its easy to pass hsc exams.....

and to stay on topic, if you break up cause the hsc, then you got another thing coming. its similar at uni, especially towards the end of each semester. i think hsc breakups would be either pressure from parents or the weakness of the relationship to begin with. =)

rsm

HSC
i got into a relationship 3 weeks ago, lol its hastn impacted hsc at all.

sasa-o8

HSC
If you're already going out with someone, that's just a stupid excuse to break up with them. Just see each other less..geez.

However, if you're not in a relationship, the best thing to do is to refrain from liking anyone, as you end up thinking too much about them :( BAHH!

Evilo

HSC

JulzMighty said:
it depends what you're going for. for many people, all you need to do in uni is pass, <snip>
My girlfriend needs to maintain an D average to stay in her course.

JulzMighty said:
Required course marks are based on what you are doing. i.e. if it involves honours or further non standard study the required marks to stay in the course will go up.

JulzMighty said:
yeah its good fun, independence is great. An its great having no teachers on your back about going to classes.

JulzMighty said:
i doubt exams at uni will be like hsc all over again. i never have trouble passing any subject regardless of how little i study.
You would be suprised, uni is designed to be tough. Re-read and re-evaluate that comment in 1 years time

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
Tulipa said:
Are you kidding me?
ahahha i lol-ed after reading grace@mac's post. There was so much to pull apart, it was useless showing everyone what is simply a retarded BOS user.

luisalow1

HSC
haha i was fucking my boyfriend before school most days and turning up at 12pm

and i got 95
so...

NO

Pace_T

HSC
luisalow1 said:
haha i was fucking my boyfriend before school most days and turning up at 12pm

and i got 95
so...

NO
omg ur so kool

HSC

If i met some girl in year 12. I would have studied with her on subjects. Depends if she have similar subjects as i do. Then it won't happen anymore.

Looking forward to uni!

yosemite sam

HSC

Had a silent agreement with a guy we would wait till after the hsc and use our gap year wisely. I went away for a couple of weeks cos my grandma was dying, came back and he'd hooked up with some other chick.
Don't waste your time.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I think it is ridiculous, i think that just shows where your priorities are, i think that if you have a decent bf/gf, just tell them that you might not be able to see them as much or hang out so much during the exams, but not break up that is ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)