• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Religion & Relationships (merged) (1 Viewer)

Would you change your religion for a guy/girl?

• Yes

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 88.8%

• Total voters
HSC
some parents are real strict about a guy with a different religion dating their daughter, to those parents i say you are fucking children grow up and wisen up you stupid stupid people.. but to answer your question NO

Skeeta

HSC
Id learn about the religion, to understand their perspective and probably join in on whatever it is they have to do but i wil retain my beliefs

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Skeeta said:
Id learn about the religion, to understand their perspective and probably join in on whatever it is they have to do but i wil retain my beliefs
same here.....

GSTARRAW

changing religion for a chick is pathetic... should follow what you believe then focus on the sheila. Like people converting from christianity to islam are just fucken stupid. islam to christianity is a wise move though.

HSC
I'm pretty set in my religious indifference, and I don't intend to change that for anyone, at least within the forseeable future. If required, I'd be willing to attempt to understand their beliefs and try to be respectful of them, but I definitely wouldn't be playing along.

If your partner was of one of the denominations that assert that non-believers go to a Bad place, and you happened to be a non-believer, that seems like it would make for some uncomfortable situations. To me, because religion isn't a priority, differences in belief don't really seem like an issue, but how would a relationship work when one person was convinced the other was going straight to hell, or whatever their equivalent may be?

ta-da

HSC
arabian knight your a moron.

i think it was skeeta that said it ... i wouldnt change my religion for a guy but i would make effort to learn theirs and respect it

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
deviation said:
would u change ure religion for ure gf/bf?
Who cares what your partners parents/grandparents think?

(It's the only plausible reason you would have to change, dump the bitch if she wants you to become a jew for personal security)

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I personally wouldn't do it, ever. My nanna turned Jewish temporarily for my grandfather. Eventually she went back to catholicism.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
depends on what ur feelings for ur own religion are. like a devout catholic and devout jew might not go changing their religion for one another

in the end u should love the person for who they are from the beginning anyway, and religion is part of what makes them who they are.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
our family friends are a muslim palestinian man and an australian seventh day adventist
they seem happily married...
neither had to convert to marry the other...
it shouldnt be a problem if there is 2 religons but i think its better if you are the same...

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Since i am agnostic, i really wouldn't mind following a religion for love.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I'd be inclined to say no, but then again realistically it would depend on the integrity of my faith at that time and how much I was into her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)