• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

religious justification of sex (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Deus said:
The word of a religious text is NOT proof.

I could write my own religious text and say just about anything in it! Oh its in my great religious text!! it must be true!
Dude, I think that's why they're religious and you're not? It's pretty obvious that neither side is going to convince the other any time soon, given that the "proof" of each side of things is largely dismissed by the other.

googooloo

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Yeah, if you believe in the bible (Or whatever other religious text), obviously you don't need any other proof, so it's pretty fruitless when those who don't believe demand proof other than that. I can understand the frustration given that you don't see it as a valid source (Nor do I), but you've got to accept that that's all that some people need, and as such they're not going to be able to furnish you with anything else, no matter how little you believe what they've said, and no matter how much you ask for hard proof of a non faith-based nature.
Thank you. Now all bare witness to what was said by ogmzergrush and tkae it in adn stop asking for proof, for al the proof that is needed by ella, (and myself int he qur'an) is the text. If that is nto for u then so be it but silence yourself of hte questions that have been asked.

hipPo3

HSC
this site isnt looking at ur religioeus views ..
unfortunately ella, u opened a can o worms, next time dont add any religion to ur questions .. or ur gonna have this stupid thread multiplying into an arguement on whos more stupid ..

googooloo

HSC
hipPo3 said:
this site isnt looking at ur religioeus views ..
unfortunately ella, u opened a can o worms, next time dont add any religion to ur questions .. or ur gonna have this stupid thread multiplying into an arguement on whos more stupid ..

Who said that in this seciton u cou;dn't discuss religion, it is an area called non-shcool and religion doesn't have ot be related to school unless u're discussing ur religious school.

hipPo3

HSC
googooloo said:
Who said that in this seciton u cou;dn't discuss religion, it is an area called non-shcool and religion doesn't have ot be related to school unless u're discussing ur religious school.
u can if u want .. but only stupid poeple that wish to e-convert try to ..
im saying its a can of worms u bint .. u open it up there will be alot of poeple fucking on ur doorstep...

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
i agree with Minifish... :)

Minifish you make such good sense! Congratulations on being a great poster.
Keep the faith ;)

Last edited:

Adimus

HSC
as the athiest said very well, marriage is not 'for ever' , i am a christian, and i believe that it is simply guidelines on how to life your life. ie. god is saying that you should not just sleep around but sex is supposed to be with someone very special. the meaning of 'marriage' here is that you should be very close to your partner (ie like marriage) before you should do it.

But who cares, honestly, i am a christian, and the thing i hate most about christians like you is critisising everyone else cos of what they believe.

Everyone has different beliefs. I am christian like you but do i believe what you believe? NO!!!

How can everyone justify sex before marriage? BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN BELIEFS AND CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT!

.... AND GOOD ON THEM FOR IT!!!!

If you want to have sex before marriage then good on you, thats fine WITH you obviousely, what you have to ask yourself is that is this what i really want, ie. does this have any meaning to it? and if it doesnt have any meaning thn why do it? obviousely there are tons off different interpretations.

all i can say is do whatever you want people, we are all defined by our actions. What type of person are you?

Genesys

HSC
I am a catholic and my family is pretty firm about the no sex before marriage issue. However I personally don't agree. I think that If a person is comfortable with it and they feel that they do love each other...if it's for the right reasons- then it is not wrong. You have to remember that the bible was written a time when certain social values we considered the only ones that were acceptable and these merged with the religious beliefs. I go to church every week and I feel that I have a strong faith, but there are things such as no sex before marriage and the refusal to allow priests to marry that I don't agree with.

If you claim to be a true Christian then you should be tolerant of other people's beliefs. They should not have to justify themselves...God gave them free will after all.

If people choose to have sex when they feel it is right I don't think it makes them any less of a good Christian.

Genesys

HSC
No I am not justifying murder. Why do you assume that just because I think we have the right to make our own moral decisions I think that doing something completely wrong is justified by the same argument. It means they can do it, it doesn't mean that it's right. I am simply saying that at the basis of the Christian beliefs is the fact that we have been given the right to make our own decisions, based on Christian beliefs in things like the common good.

Read carefully my point was: We have the right to make choices about what we see is right by our beliefs...it doesn't meant that everyone else has to accept it as right.

Also there is a difference between making a conscious decision to have sex...a decision which primarily effects you and your partner...compared to the choice to kill people.

If you can't see that....you are a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Why do YOU assume that I am justifying murder either? Sure, we have been given freedom of choice but there has to be a point to draw the line. The world needs guidlines and rules or nobody would know where they stand. That's one reason why we have governments. People need guidance and a reference point when making their decisions. The church obviously had a reason for forbidding premarital sex, it's not like they're just power crazed. Wouldnt it make sense to actually sit and listen to the wisdom of a centuries-old institution rather than just continue to defy it and insist that it's 'rules' have no merit?

tempco

HSC
Genesys said:
No I am not justifying murder. Why do you assume that just because I think we have the right to make our own moral decisions I think that doing something completely wrong is justified by the same argument. It means they can do it, it doesn't mean that it's right. I am simply saying that at the basis of the Christian beliefs is the fact that we have been given the right to make our own decisions, based on Christian beliefs in things like the common good.

Read carefully my point was: We have the right to make choices about what we see is right by our beliefs...it doesn't meant that everyone else has to accept it as right.

Also there is a difference between making a conscious decision to have sex...a decision which primarily effects you and your partner...compared to the choice to kill people.

If you can't see that....you are a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so, you're basically saying that you want to pick and choose parts of christianity that suit your own needs, and you justify it by falling back to the "god loves all of us and wants us all to show our love"?

wouldn't that mean we should forgive and forget crimes commited by people, such as robbery, assault, embezzlement, etc?

in that sense, i'd consider someone who choose not to engage in premarital sex a "better" christian than yourself in that regard, since he/she is willing to sacrifice a certain desire for the sake of god.

Riddles

4th Gen. Ford Supporter
good question! u can ask me that if we get there
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Out of curiosity, where in your religious text does it say that you shouldn't have sex before marriage?
it says to not be sexually immoral, and it also says that let sex join the 2. which is y it says that a man who has sex with a prostitute is joined with that prostitute.
anyway, i'm a christian and still a virgin. i just haven't been too bothered with going out and having sex with just anyone, i'd rather it be with my fiance or wife

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Why do YOU assume that I am justifying murder either? Sure, we have been given freedom of choice but there has to be a point to draw the line. The world needs guidlines and rules or nobody would know where they stand. That's one reason why we have governments. People need guidance and a reference point when making their decisions. The church obviously had a reason for forbidding premarital sex, it's not like they're just power crazed. Wouldnt it make sense to actually sit and listen to the wisdom of a centuries-old institution rather than just continue to defy it and insist that it's 'rules' have no merit?
Clean the shit out of your eyes and read Genesys's post again.

He never said you justified murder, asswipe.

EDIT: Sorry, Genesys... I acknowledge your rampant womanhood.

Last edited:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
thanks lhyviathan. how about u read my first post again! i never said she justified it either but Genesys claimed:
Why do you assume that just because I think we have the right to make our own moral decisions I think that doing something completely wrong is justified by the same argument
I didnt assume anything like that. my post was loaded with sacasm. it was practically oozing out.

BTW, "he" is actually a "she"...smooth...

Go tempco!

timmay05

HSC
Alright... I skipped most of the posts...

Christianity is about your relationship with God. To have a proper relationship with God you must follow his teachings. To follow his teachings you need to live them out in your life. Hence, no premaritial sex.

All sins are forgiven by God if you repent and truly believe. Butyou cant go out, have sex saying it is okay God will forgive me. Thats not living your life according to his word and is directly damaging your relationship with him

Overly simplified I know

tempco

HSC
just a little insight for those who are interested:

timmay05 said:
All sins are forgiven by God if you repent and truly believe. Butyou cant go out, have sex saying it is okay God will forgive me. Thats not living your life according to his word and is directly damaging your relationship with him
in islam, if you live your life according to your whims and desires, thinking that god will always forgive you later, you're considered a hypocrite - and hypocrites are those who reside in the worst section of hell.

some even consider this attitude shirk (associating partners with god) which is an unforgivable sin. that is, instead of having god as the centre of your life, or the pillar of your moral judgement, you allow desire to replace him.

timmay05

HSC
yeh thats sorta the point i was getting at. You cant do stuff on the basis that god will forgive you. If you honestly find christ later then your sins are forgiven. If it is somethign where you knowingly did the wrong thing you are still forgiven, but u need to ask yourself how your relationship really is with Jesus. If that makes sense?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
like timmay i haven't bothered to read most of the posts, but....

from someone who's made mistakes about the way people have felt about me in past relationships, i think its best to hold off sex until you know the kinda person you are, the kinda person your partner is and the way your relationship works. for some, this will mean not having sex until marriage, because that wait should be sufficient to work all of those things out.
that being said, i dont think that having sex before marriage is a big thing- my friend's brother only married his girlfriend because he had sex with her and then thought he should marry her because the Bible says, basically, that you should only have sex with the person you'll marry. 4 months and a divorce later, he found out it was a bad choice.
if you're a christian and you want to wait until marriage, good on you- that way you're sure not to get hurt or have shit experiences with dickhead boyfriends and the like.
then again, the Bible is not 110% contemporary, and you cant say someone who has sex outside marriage is not a christian. it depends on your evaluation of things, what kind of person you're dating and your way of looking at the relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)