removing a mole (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
get it removed, go see your gp. Everyone here is soft :), the needle didn't hurt that much

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
when i went to the doctor to get some moles checked he pretty much just shined this light thing on them and said 'you're fine'. took all of five seconds. i was expecting a bit more depth of investigation considering i totally freaked out about having skin cancer because they didn't look like 'normal' moles, and that's why i saw a doc in the first place.

am i thinking about this too much or should i get a second opinion

p.s. also, the ones i am referring to are on my stomach right near my belly button. it's a dumb thing to worry about but if i get them cut out am i going to have to get my belly button put back together :s

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
get a bellybutton ring in place. no will will suspect a thing, yo.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeh, i had a lengthy discussion with my uncle a GP, he checked all of my moles and yeh he said you should only worry about them if they are discoloured, jaggered/non-circular, odd/lumpy looking.
But it's best to get them checked by a professional. Also Choice magazine found last week that most skin cancer clinics waste time and add unecessary expenses to visiting patients by performing clearly unecessary regular biopsys/tests on non-cancersous moles to make a quick buck.

alex1905

HSC
You just go to a doctor, and they will test it to see if it is cancerous or not, then they will probably cut it out, or freeze it off.
An i have a quick question for chicky_pie.
Why do you always put that abortion picture in??????

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
alex1905 said:
You just go to a doctor, and they will test it to see if it is cancerous or not, then they will probably cut it out, or freeze it off.
An i have a quick question for chicky_pie.
Why do you always put that abortion picture in??????

It's my signature.

And I think abortions is funny.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Wooz said:
Yeh, i had a lengthy discussion with my uncle a GP, he checked all of my moles and yeh he said you should only worry about them if they are discoloured, jaggered/non-circular, odd/lumpy looking.
But it's best to get them checked by a professional. Also Choice magazine found last week that most skin cancer clinics waste time and add unecessary expenses to visiting patients by performing clearly unecessary regular biopsys/tests on non-cancersous moles to make a quick buck.
I have a few odd-looking moles, bit lumpy etc. but they're in places on my body that never get exposed to sunlight and I've had them all my life (or at least from age 5+..dunno about before then). Surely they'd be ok? They haven't changed or anything :S

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
em_516 said:
I have a few odd-looking moles, bit lumpy etc. but they're in places on my body that never get exposed to sunlight and I've had them all my life (or at least from age 5+..dunno about before then). Surely they'd be ok? They haven't changed or anything :S
Yeah, that's like me. Only this one mole in particular I'm positive was not always there. And the colour kind of looks like it's seeped out around the edges if that makes sense...doctor said it was fine, but I'm still paranoid about it. I check it every day and I'm going to another doctor soon.

If you've always had those moles and they haven't changed you're probably OK. There's something called...I dunno, but it basically means that even though they look funny there's nothing to worry about, like its a normal variation.

anna-goanna123

HSC
I have a small mole on my back that the doctor says i have to get removed. What they are doing is giving me a needle to numb it, then they cut it out and give me stiches.... yay NOT

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
you can remove a mole with scissors

rozymisty

HSC
Getting a local anaesthetic injected certainly is very very painful. Ive had several ingrown toenail ops and ive nearly hit the rof when they stick the local in.

Go to your local gp. If your in Brisbane, Newmarket 7 day medical centre have a skin cancer clinic and they can like remove any suspisious moles or anything like that.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
my friend go some of her's removed
and basically they do some burning thing
and the process itself hurts
and a bit afterwards

following the time, you gotta appply cream and other stuff.
and if it fails, the mole usually grows back even bigger than before

which is what happend to my friend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)