Repeating year 12? (1 Viewer)

irenefu

HSC
So trials are coming up, and I've totally neglected my Adv english and 4U maths so pretty sure I'm going to do bad in them. So would repeating year 12 be a better option, or just transfer after a year of uni, if I don't get into my course?

findx

HSC
Transfer.
Repeating yr12 is the last option in 99% of circumstances. HSC is nearly done :)

just start studying now.

irenefu

HSC
I know HSC is nearly done, but I just don't like that feeling of not having tried my best?

haha and yes I have been studying, but its so hard to cram all of the English content into 2 days.+_+

Siddy123

HSC
if you do 4unit maths i would assume that you have natural talent to some degree.
harness your potential and study like crazy from now till the end.
you'll be surprised with the way things turn out...

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
so trials are coming up, and i've totally neglected my adv english and 4u maths so pretty sure i'm going to do bad in them. So would repeating year 12 be a better option, or just transfer after a year of uni, if i don't get into my course?
do not repeat under any circumstances

irenefu

HSC
Haha I'm a slow learner though, I like to take my time which is why I was thinking of repeating.

Why is it not recommended to redo the HSC?=S

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Because you're going to waste a year of your life doing the same thing...?

Thief

!!
HSC
So trials are coming up, and I've totally neglected my Adv english and 4U maths so pretty sure I'm going to do bad in them. So would repeating year 12 be a better option, or just transfer after a year of uni, if I don't get into my course?
You haven't even done your trials, or final hsc exam yet. It is NOT too late. Don't repeat year 12. Transfer after a year of Uni.

such_such

HSC
If you wanted you repeat, you should have thought of that a LONG time ago. Probably at around the start of the year. There's a girl at my school who's going to repeat, but that's because half the time she was fundraising for some cause. So she's doing half her subjects this year.

But since you don't have a reason except scared you'll fail DON'T DO ITTTTTTTT!

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
You must be mentally challenged and emotionally damaged op and im not joking.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Highly doubt you would want to repeat year 12.

You still have 70% of your HSC up for grabs, why give up now? Are you that weak?

Study hard and trust me you will do fine if you just focus for the next few days or weeks.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Plus at uni, you can transfer into your degree and get credit for subjects you already did - and effectively not waste any time.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
DON'T REPEAT.

The same problems will plague you the second time, probably moreso when it's lack of motivation BECAUSE YOU WILL BE BORED OUT OF YOUR BRAIN if you do repeat.

You're obviously a somewhat intelligent person to be coping in 4U math-do some study and all will be fine.

xDarkSilent

HSC
Uni Grad
If you get a really bad atar, it means that you shouldnt be doing the HSC .
Look up , study now ! :) you still have time to change its not the end of the world. Dont repeat ! :)

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Plus at uni, you can transfer into your degree and get credit for subjects you already did - and effectively not waste any time.
People have said this so many times. But is it really that easy to transfer to another degree if you do not do as well as you'd like in the HSC?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
People have said this so many times. But is it really that easy to transfer to another degree if you do not do as well as you'd like in the HSC?
as long as you get a decent average in first year uni (either credit or distinction depending on what you want to transfer into) you should be fine.

enoilgam

HSC
Depends on the course, but generally yes. Also, often times you can carry over units you have completed from the first course into the second which can save time, as opposed to repeating the HSC where you lose a whole year.

2xL

HSC
Stuff that OP, just finish. Don't go through it again, isn't it a bitch enough already atm?! Just get the HSC done. Plus, you do 4u! You must be at least average intelligence if not more. You'll be fine!

irenefu

HSC
Okay I guess repeating Year 12 wouldn't be the wisest choice..
thanks for the direction everyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)