report (1 Viewer)

zerzillia

Now that i've done my viva voce, i'll be preparing my report. I haven't started my draft for my report and i just downloaded some sample ones. Any advice on how to write this? :apig:
I've got no idea (as you can tell). :confused:

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
our report was due before our viva voce, i think our school is kinda outta whack, expecially our english department. Um report isnt too hard, basically its just an outline of your research, talk about books you used, people you spoke to, editing, how you wrote bits of your mw and such... its just a whole lot of bullshit.

zerzillia

hmm, so basically it's your viva voce in writing?

weird to have your report written before your viva. :rolleyes:

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
i feel sorry for a lot of you guys, our viva voce isn't on till the last week of term, and our report is due in term 3....makes things harder with the trials n all, however i have a lot more spare time for other assessments

KarmaKitten

HSC
Rather your report is your reflection statement but not so refined. You can say a lot more in your report and you discuss how your work developed etc etc.
Mine is due at the end of the term I think. We also hand in a draft reflection statement.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
We were given a heets which has some questions u need to answer for the reflection statement so i'll post them and they may help a bit

1. What is teh purpose for which your mw was compsoed
  2. What is the audience of your mw? Does ur MW possess multiple audience? OCnsider where you might see it publishd/performed/screened/viewd/read. How might publishing in this arean help you to achieve ur purpose or reach ur intended audience?
  3. Explain how your independent investgation has led to teh development of ur conecpts? How has this investigation enhanced ur mw
  4. explain how ur concept is/are supported by - struture / - language / - conventions and medium
  5. How is ur mw an extension of knowledge, understanding and skills your have developed in the advanced and extension courses in ur 11 & 12?
  6. Would u say that ur mw is imaginative, interpretive or anaylitical or combination of these? give reasons
  7. how have you realised ur conepts in ur final product
  8. Explain how ur mw journal has helped or developed ur process of inquiry and compositon
  9. what other composers/ texts have influenced the development of ur mw
  10. explain how personal experiences have informed ur mw
  11. explain how ur final product is sucessful? what were the processors which led u to this conclusion?
    [/list=1]
    [/COLOR=purple]
    Mel

Last edited:
J

jhakka

So what are we actually supposed to do in the report? It's the only assessment that hasn't been talked about in class so far.

zerzillia

thanks MissSavage29 for posting up the questions! i will look to it when i start my report....

KarmaKitten -> you have the same type of assessment tasks as me! you from my school? >.<;

Ava

HSC
My report is due next thurs....the questions sort of overlap in some places so its hard...maybe I shouldnt use headings....

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i'm thinking of it as the basis for my reflection statement. i don't have any sample reports, so i'm kind of just looking at what others have done for their rs's and using the sections on research as a model.

i've done about 1/3 of my report, and it's pretty shit but i want to fix it up, because if i get full marks for this i've got a 100% internal mark. :)

zerzillia

100% internal mark!?
shit, that won't happen with me. -___-
i handed mine in, but it's pretty bad! ack. hopefully it goes alright and i get to be one of the top ones.... (dreams)

J

jhakka

Do you think I'll lose marks if I put the following quote (which I made up) at the top of my report?

“It is not research that makes the story, but rather the story that determines how you should lie when people ask you about research.”

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You might lose those marks that would have otherwise been awarded due to teacher bias. :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jhakka
Do you think I'll lose marks if I put the following quote (which I made up) at the top of my report?

“It is not research that makes the story, but rather the story that determines how you should lie when people ask you about research.”
only if you can find a mad philosopher to back it up :D

i suggest nietzsche, or betrand russell :)

zerzillia

i have finished my report.
it came out better than i thought!
all praise the coffee and my staying up all night!
^^;

post how you did here! not your marks (if you dont want to.....you can show off too if you like).

i got in the top band! YAYNESS!
XD

chouboi

doing mine right now, and i cant see how my journal has helped or developed my process of inquiry and compositon..

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by zerzillia
i have finished my report.
it came out better than i thought!
all praise the coffee and my staying up all night!
^^;

post how you did here! not your marks (if you dont want to.....you can show off too if you like).

i got in the top band! YAYNESS!
XD
Wanna help me? lol Did you just talk about influential composers and your process from initial ideas to the final product?

Originally posted by jhakka
Did we have to talk about our journal, chouji?
yeh, do we?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)