Republican National Convention 2004 (1 Viewer)

frenchie

HSC
A small sampling of the rhetoric spouted at this year's RNC.

Senator Zell Miller -

"Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more of the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier. And our soldiers don't just see freedom abroad, they preserve it for us here at home. It has been said truthfully that it is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. [cheers] It is the soldier, not the poet who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the agitator, who has given us the freedom to protest. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives that protester the freedom he abuses to burn that flag"

VP Dick Cheney -

"The historian Bernard DeVoto once wrote that when America was created, the stars must have danced in the sky. Our president understands the miracle of this great country. "

You would expect nothing less from a nation declining (if not already steeped) into Militarism. Sad and frightening. They lose perspective of the fact we live on planet Earth, not planet USA.

I think we could find numerous examples where it is the reaction of people against rule at the barrel of a gun, that has delivered real freedoms.
The military is a TOOL - used for both good and evil.

Any thoughts on the Republican 'compassionate conservative' theme?

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
I think you're an idiot.

I think we could find numerous examples to back up this hypothesis.

Perhaps you'd like to explain whats wrong with the above (considering especially that the Republicans have always favoured the military).

frenchie

HSC
Idiot? Elaborate please. I would love to know how I could be less of an idiot.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
pretty ironic considering it was french soldiers who gained them their independence anyway

then they go and change french fries to freedom fries

Rorix

HSC
frenchie said:
Idiot? Elaborate please. I would love to know how I could be less of an idiot.

Well you see, you're posting some quotes trying to make it look like Republicans valuing the contributions of the armed services is a new thing.

Which it's not.

You're claiming that America is "declining (if not already steeped) into Militarism".

Which it's not.

Now, of course, I know nothing of your actual intelligence levels, I can only judge you on your behaviour, and assume that your behavioural standard reflects your mental standard.

And you behave like a moron.

If you would like more of an explanation, perhaps you could draw parallels between your post and the sympathy shown for NYFD following 9/11, noticing that the sympathy is more evident of the trends you're suggesting, and then try to claim that America is becoming ruled by a fire department.

Oh, you also misused the phrase "compassionate conservative". But I didn't really expect you to use it appropriately.

I eagerly await your next post.

frenchie

HSC
Oh Rorix

Why are you getting so uptight and irritated by my one little post? I agree with you on one thing - you do not know my 'actual mental standard' , or whatever it was you said in some pathetic attempt to make yourself feel intellectually superior. Well, you succeeded in showing something about yourself to the other members on this board. I actually noticed little if no evidence in both of your posts. Nothing. Atleast I managed to use some quotes to illustrate what I was thinking. Your replies just seem to disagree for the sake of it. No evidence was produced to disprove what I said, or educate me towards a more enlightened state.

Anyway, I am quite chuffed that my first ever post to this part of the message board got your feathers ruffled so much. I'll let you go back to insulting people and claim your title as 'Lord of the News, Current Affairs & Politics Board'. You really deserve it, what an achievement.

Oh and please blast something back, replete with all your glorious wit. I will not be visiting this thread again. I have a life to go on to.

Lots of love to you. :)

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
The thing that shits me about the Replubican Convention (and Republicans in general) is that they are also so negative, hateful and keep churning out the same bullshit.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
The thing that shits me about the Replubican Convention (and Republicans in general) is that they are also so negative, hateful and keep churning out the same bullshit.
I can't help being frustrated with the Democrats every time a Republican makes a twit of themselves. Surely, this should be one of the easiest election victories for them ever? Who are these fanatical republican supporters???....and they say democracy wont work in Iraq because of low education!

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
frenchie said:
Oh Rorix

Why are you getting so uptight and irritated by my one little post? I agree with you on one thing - you do not know my 'actual mental standard' , or whatever it was you said in some pathetic attempt to make yourself feel intellectually superior. Well, you succeeded in showing something about yourself to the other members on this board. I actually noticed little if no evidence in both of your posts. Nothing. Atleast I managed to use some quotes to illustrate what I was thinking. Your replies just seem to disagree for the sake of it. No evidence was produced to disprove what I said, or educate me towards a more enlightened state.

Anyway, I am quite chuffed that my first ever post to this part of the message board got your feathers ruffled so much. I'll let you go back to insulting people and claim your title as 'Lord of the News, Current Affairs & Politics Board'. You really deserve it, what an achievement.

Oh and please blast something back, replete with all your glorious wit. I will not be visiting this thread again. I have a life to go on to.

Lots of love to you. :)
haha...you make me laugh!

Edit: I meant that seriously...not sarcastically.

Rorix

HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
Because, y'know, the Democrats are just so upbeat and positive!

frenchie: you asked me to elaborate. Anyway, your long farewell (which happens to be longer than both my posts, and you say that I'm getting ruffled) isn't really fooling anyone.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Rorix said:

frenchie: you asked me to elaborate. Anyway, your long farewell (which happens to be longer than both my posts, and you say that I'm getting ruffled) isn't really fooling anyone.
lol...I love this thread.

Although I am a Liberal, I don't necessarily like the Republican Party. They appear to be all about big business (i.e. oil) and ripping off the little man (i.e. you and me). The Democrats seem to have a better philosophy and a better set of Policies for the protection of its constituents.

Just my opinions...anyone else agree?

Rorix

HSC
the republicans believe mans body should be free, but his mind must be protected from naughty words and sinful thoughts
the democrats believe mans mind should be free, but his body should serve the state

Rorix

HSC
the republicans believe mans body should be free, but his mind must be protected from naughty words and sinful thoughts
the democrats believe mans mind should be free, but his body should serve the state

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Well you have to remember that the original Liberal party philosophy is placing the rights of the individual over that of the state. As in the individual - not a corporation, not the state, the one - the person. The Republican party also used to be like that. The current state of the Liberals and Republicans seems to throw that out the door and allows entities that aren't the individual be in positions of utmost control.

Rorix

HSC
The American definition of liberal has (always, i think) differed from the philosophical definition

Rorix

HSC
ugh opera and BoS do not get along

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, BOS is a cock.

blues_special

Rorix said:
the democrats believe mans mind should be free, but his body should serve the state.
Get that from each partys' constitution did you?

Rorix said:

Fooled me! I hope you are happy Rorix, you have succeeded in driving away a member of this community from this debate. Cheers!

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Rorix: Of course some of the democratic campaign is negative, but that in no way come near the negativity of the Republican campaign, everytime they mention something they immediately turn it into Kerry bashing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)