resigning from Hungry Jack's (1 Viewer)

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
So I'm still on the payroll as a part-time employee who hasn't had a shift for about 8 weeks.

I'd like to officially quit so that I can return my uniform (get my $40 for that) and my annual leave (another $40). What I was thinking I might do is give them a ring, tell the manager (who I've never met) that I'm quitting, and ask when a good time to drop of the uniform would be.

I've never quit a job before, so does anyone have any advice on what the best way to do it would be? And how do I make sure they actually give me the $80, because they're quite dodgy?

ricenoodles

HSC
One of my friends at my work (BIGW) didn't get called in for weeks and when he called to ask about it, they said his name was no longer in the employee database. I'm also thinking about quiting my job. Does anyone know how many weeks notice you're supposed to give for quiting BIGW?

If you're quiting your job just be upfront and professional about it. The nicer you are to them with the process, the easier it'll be for you to get back your entitlements.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
ricenoodles said:
One of my friends at my work (BIGW) didn't get called in for weeks and when he called to ask about it, they said his name was no longer in the employee database. I'm also thinking about quiting my job. Does anyone know how many weeks notice you're supposed to give for quiting BIGW?

If you're quiting your job just be upfront and professional about it. The nicer you are to them with the process, the easier it'll be for you to get back your entitlements.
I gave big w about 3 weeks notice. but for casuals its usually 2 weeks.

good luck

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Haha this is the exact predicament I was in 4yrs ago, with Burger King.
Try make it formal for a reference, but I doubt they'd bother.

With me, they were very dodgy - didnt even bother with the uniform.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
fnkychk said:
So I'm still on the payroll as a part-time employee who hasn't had a shift for about 8 weeks.
I don't think you're quitting but rather just helping them sack you. Just use your uniform to get behind hungry jacks counters and steal the takings, and the best part is that you can do this at any Hungry Jacks.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The uniform can be used to achieve a variety of ends. Walking down the street, for example, you command every eye. Old men take off their hats and offer you their seats, barbers refuse to charge for haircuts, children look up to you with unquestioning admiration, women throw themselves at you - in tears, professing their undying love, dogs (and certain men) rub against your leg, howling with pleasure of the moment and painful anticipation of the impending barrage of blows from a rolled up newspaper they're about to recieve.
Ah yes, it is indeed something to wear the uniform.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
ITS JUST HUNGRY JACKS.
And it's just $80 for doing nothing.

It turns out that they gave me the 80 or so without actually telling me I was fired (or whatever). I didn't return the uniform but they gave me the deduction back.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
ricenoodles said:
Does anyone know how many weeks notice you're supposed to give for quiting BIGW?
If its not in your contract, you have to give the same amount of notice as your pay cycle. So, if you're paid weekly, you give a weeks notice. If fortnightly, then 2 weeks notice (etc etc).

If you're a casual, they probably wont care though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)