Ret (1 Viewer)

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
hey i just got a letter from UWS concerning a RET test?

is there anyway i could prepare for this? any past papers?

and does any other universities provide this opportunity?

cheers

alanajane

HSC
Hi. I did the RET test in 2003, and I dont really think there was much I could have done to prepare. When I did it my careers advisor had past papers of the multiple choice section that I looked at, but there was also an essay section that you cant really prepare for at all. It was only for UWS courses
Alana

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
so are u doin the test want2beSMART hope u do well :)

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
yeah i am, thanks th

alanajane, what is the format of the exam? is it difficult? i think i need above 90 to get into law.

reemz

HSC
go see your careers advisor he/she should have past RET papers, mine did... reminds me should go get them off him

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hrmm.. didnt the package come with an example questions booklet?

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
so far i've only received a letter and a pamphlet

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hrm... well last year there was a package that came too.
inside it had 2 booklets for example questions/

L

LaraB

want2beSMART said:
yeah i am, thanks th

alanajane, what is the format of the exam? is it difficult? i think i need above 90 to get into law.
Regional Entry Scheme
The Regional Entry Test (RET) is an alternative mode of entry to the University for students living in or attending a high school or TAFE in the Greater Western or South Western region of Sydney. To qualify for entry to the UWS you need to gain an acceptable result in the Regional Entry Test (RET). For more information, contact the UWS Course Information Centre on 1800 897 669 or see your school careers advisor.

the info line's pretty good- almost entirely comprised of students at UWS, a lot who did the RET so can give you 1st hand info:)

and yeah you probly will need 90 to get into law... went down from UAI's ranging between 92 and 94.something to 90 for all courses last year but.. given the bad publicity mac's been getting etc popularity for the courses may increas so yeah keep that in mind but don't see it gettin over 93 ish for quite a while to come:)

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
Hey I did the RET Test in 2003 aswell. I dont think there is really much to prepare for, I'd just recommend doing the practice booklet you get in the mail once you register, so you get familiar with the structure of the exam, as well as the types of questions you could get asked, apart from that, I remember most of the questions were based on a stimulus booklet that was provided. Goodluck, may the force be with you :cool:

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
so its just like an iq test?

or something like the selective test?

alanajane

HSC
its more like general knowledge....they never said it was anything like iq test. i did the a selective high school test and didnt go anywhere near as well as i did in the ret test. but that was a long time ago. but yeah - just general knowledge and written english - the essay part you had to construct an anrgement. the topics for the essays were general knowledge based too from memory. but really nothing you can do to prepare. good luck!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)