Retail (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I've never worked retail, but after writing a long and illustrious resume and cover letter to Cue, I have an interview in 2 days.

What kind of thing does one have to be good at to go well in clothing retail?

Like, clothes folding, hanging stuff on hangers, putting things into shopping bags? that kind of thing?

Because if it's only that, then I don't understand why it's taken me so long to break into retail, from working over 5 years in hospitality.

Any suggestions for dazzling my employers? I've already got a smashing outift planned, as Cue is rather chic.

Red patent leather mary janes
Black sheer stockings with seam
Black linen 50's style dress with beige detail/trim
Beige cardigan
Maybe red lips.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Good communicational/social skills and selling skills.
oh Clothing retail? Sense of fashion...

My verdict: Alison is perfect
ps. If you have something from Cue, wear it!

Skeeta

HSC
What you have in mind sounds smashing :eek:

But i would also wear something from CUE. They want to know that you can wear and sell their product. I've always been in hospitality aswell, but this is what everyone has told me(mind you, i'm glad i'm not in retail now because of the hours).

you know your fashion, you're beautiful and you dress well. I'm sure you can fold up stuff, so i thinkyou'd be purrrrfect

I'd hire you :eek:

yosemite sam

HSC
thats pretty much what jobs like that entail... looking pretty, being nice to customers, making sure the store is neat and tidy by stacking shelves and folding and putting things on racks. and you outfit sounds cool :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Skeeta said:
What you have in mind sounds smashing :eek:

But i would also wear something from CUE. They want to know that you can wear and sell their product. I've always been in hospitality aswell, but this is what everyone has told me(mind you, i'm glad i'm not in retail now because of the hours).

you know your fashion, you're beautiful and you dress well. I'm sure you can fold up stuff, so i thinkyou'd be purrrrfect

I'd hire you :eek:
<3 I love you so much Skeeta. :eek:

But yes the dress is Cue, last season but that shouldn't really matter. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the uniform allowance, where they give the staff an allowance to buy clothes from each new shipment/design season to wear to work...

...I have my eye on a grey swing jacket and a white wool skirt.

<3

Skeeta

HSC
oh! awesome, your outfit is perfect then!

haha thats pretty much the only reason i want to work in retail :eek: Discounnnnttsssssss

Goood luck!

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
ooh btw i heard cue are really anal about their sales targets. like. the hourly ones are quite rediculous. but good luck and wear something from cue of course =)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
hey alleycat, good luck with it. i just wanted to say, not to dissuade you but to let you know that i have had a bad experience with cue (it may have just been that particular store though). i worked there i think for a week and it was crap. I was looking for a new job, i walked in, was given an interview on the spot and offered a trial for the next day. so i came for my 3 hour trial, which was alwso boring and shit, i wasnt allowed to actually serve customers so all did was walk around and straighten clothes on racks, at the end of which, they gave me shifts for the next 2 weeks. I hated it, I was miserable. It was boring, the manager was an evil cranky bitch, the other girls were bitchy and stuck up. They WERE anal about their sales targets (which hardly ever got met), which can be really stressful and once the manager had quite a bit of a go aboutit. Also, if theres more than 2 people in the store, the other girls try to steal eachothers customers so that the sale goes under their name. A couple of days later I got offered a job at the body shop and I was quitting cue before you could say 'cue is shit'. I cant remember, but Im pretty sure that the discount was pretty pov as well.
to answer your questions, you do have to be good at those things, but the main thing is really that you need to have quite an outgoing personality as talking with customers (and convincing them to buy stuff) is really the whole point.
the other thing is to have good knowledge of your product.
good luck, dont let me put you off and i hope you go well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)