Revolutionary Road-22 January 2009 (1 Viewer)

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
I can usually tell when a film is going to be good but am having trouble deciding with this one.

It seems like one of those movies that deal with everyday life but manage to be powerful and Kate Winslett and Leonardo DiCaprio are both amazing; hopefully, it won't remind me too much of Titanic.

However, I have only seen two films in which Sam Mendes is in the director's chair (American Beauty and Jarhead) and hated both with a passion. Anyway, knowing me and my love for films, I'll most probably be dragging my sister to the theatre and be waiting at the front of the line opening day.

spiny norman

HSC
Bulldog4lyf said:
It seems like one of those movies that deal with everyday life but manage to be powerful and Kate Winslett and Leonardo DiCaprio are both amazing; hopefully, it won't remind me too much of Titanic.
I think the idea is to remind you of Titanic. See it as the progression of the blind romanticism of that movie to this jadedness here. Brilliant casting, really - pretty much the only reason I have any want to see this.

However, I have only seen two films in which Sam Mendes is in the director's chair (American Beauty and Jarhead) and hated both with a passion. Anyway, knowing me and my love for films, I'll most probably be dragging my sister to the theatre and be waiting at the front of the line opening day.[/QUOTE

I quite liked American Beauty? Road to Perdition was one I liked better though. Jarhead did little for me. I think this looks somewhere between the former two and Jarhead.

Artemis.

HSC
Watched it the other day - truly amazing.
One of my favourite books, and Kate and Leo really become April and Frank Wheeler.
Michael Shannon is also fantastic.
Highly recommend this film.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
Artemis. said:
Watched it the other day - truly amazing.
One of my favourite books, and Kate and Leo really become April and Frank Wheeler.
Michael Shannon is also fantastic.
Highly recommend this film.
How did you see it? Are you a critic?

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
I quite liked American Beauty? Road to Perdition was one I liked better though. Jarhead did little for me. I think this looks somewhere between the former two and Jarhead.
I've been told that I don't 'understand' American Beauty and I am interested in checking out Road to Perdition, I really like Tom Hanks, Daniel Craig and Paul Newman(RIP).

The Kaiser

HSC
Bulldog4lyf said:
I've been told that I don't 'understand' American Beauty and I am interested in checking out Road to Perdition, I really like Tom Hanks, Daniel Craig and Paul Newman(RIP).
Sam Mendes = Pure Win

I didn't like Jarhead, it was directed well, I just don't like movies based on War.

American Beauty and Road to Perdition are great films, I'm expecting very good things from Revolutionary Road.

Artemis.

HSC
Bulldog4lyf said:
How did you see it? Are you a critic?
Haha nah, downloaded a dvd screener version.
Will see it when it's in cinemas though.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
Artemis. said:
Haha nah, downloaded a dvd screener version.
Will see it when it's in cinemas though.
Oh, right. Yeah, my internet's slow so I'll just wait.

lucidassembly

HSC
Having seen the dvd screener also, I really liked it :) It had a beautiful subtlety in both the story and the film's execution. Leo and Kate were fantastic also.

Granted, I was a huge fan of both American Beauty and Jarhead :p

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
On a related topic, how good was Kate's speech at the Golden Globes for Revolutionary Road!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)