RMIT vs Melb Uni (1 Viewer)

Ronyx

HSC
Hi all,

As year 12 slowly starts I've started thinking about which uni I would like to hopefully get into. I'm interested in pursuing a career in Commodity Trading, which is why I'll be pursuing a double degree in Commerce/International Business and Marketing.

My question is, which university would best fit this course selection?
I've been hearing a lot of bad remarks about the new melbourne uni model, with a number of people saying it's too broad and generalised until you do your masters, but seeing as I'm only after a Bachelor degree is it still worth it?
On the other hand, RMIT is supposed to have a very good hands-on type business course which is what I'm hoping for. Something to get me into the industry so I can get some real experience.

One big difference i've noticed is the enter score requirements. RMIT only needs an 83 for an International Business course and even lower for a Commerce course, where as melbourne uni needs a minimum 90 enter score for commerce.

I would love to hear from some of you guys, as this is one of the most important choices I'm ever going to have to make in my life.

Thanks,
Ronyx

greentsquare

HSC
well... i'm not doing commerce but all i can say is the ENTER scores for those unis don't really tell you anything about how good their commerce courses are - it just means that a lot of people time and time again want to get into Melb Uni's commerce course that's why the Guaranteed ENTER is set pretty high

Also, RMIT does have a reputation for being hands-on whilst Melb Uni has a more theoretical approach - for me, this does not mean that one Uni is better than the other, it's just that their approaches are suited to particular types of students rather than ALL students. So, take into consideration what sort of learner you are

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)