Roll Call Prelim 2010 (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
My name is Stephanie and I'll be a regular user on this site :)

The subjects I'm going to do are in my signature.

:)

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Maths and Maths Ext 1 (Both Accelerated)
English Advanced
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Modern History (If my subject change request from Ancient History was successful)

Going to drop either Biology or Modern History in Year 12.

xMaFF

HSC
Okay so here is the roll call/discussion thread for prelim year 2010.
In you posts describe your subjects, aims and anything else regarding the prelim hsc.

ur turn :shoot:
Hello everyone, my name is Matt ^__^

Still unsure with my subjects, but at the moment is seems like:

- English Advanced
- Maths Advanced
- Economics
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Japanese (B) or Studies of Religion II

I want to be in the top 10% in all my subjects.
Of course, I'd like to say that I want to be the first in all my subjects, but there are 450+ students in my grade, so I'll try start at a smaller goal.
Ehhhhh.

ATAR Aim: 95+ (eep.)

*** Good luck to the class of 2011! Our turn to shine will come soon. ***

occer

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone, my name is Oscar and I am an alcoholic.

whimsy

HSC
subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
General Maths
Ancient History
Society & Culture
French Beginners
Photography 1 Unit (which i will definitely drop later on as i anticipate it being a waste of time...)

mostly my aims are just to put in a lot more effort than i did in year ten!

Mythril

HSC
Wow I just realised I have the same name as Ipodnano~ so yup, my name's Stephanie as well and the subjects I'll be taking next year are:

- Maths Ext.1
- Eng Ext. 1
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Music 2

My goals are hopefully (if possible at all) to come either 1st, 2nd or 3rd in every subject but that's gonna be tough because there's sooooo many smart people at Ruse - but nevertheless I'm gonna give it my all and do my best~~:p

And as for year 12, well I'm not sure but I want to take up maths and english ext. 2 but I don't know if I'll be able to cope with it so any advice guys?

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Hello my name is Brenton. :)

My subjects are in my sig. Maths extension 1 is just a bit of a trial to be honest, depending how i go in the first month or so decides whether i keep it or not. If i do well however, i will take up 4unit if i think i could do good in it.

I will be attempting to do all these subjects in HSC, but if i take up 4unit and i think theres a bit too much work i may drop a subject or two. Unsure of which though.

If i enjoy Software Design and put enough effort into it, im sure its possible I could get state ranking with enough work. That depends on how much i enjoy the subject though. (i really like programming and computers, but am unsure about if i will like the course work and the programming language we have to do in year 12)

I have heard very good things about the teacher I will have for economics and I am interested in the subject, so i might do well there aswell. Doubt state rankings, but still good.

Currently i do not study at all, unless there is a test the next day. I plan to change this next year and study quite a bit every day and get a tutor.

I would be happy with an ATAR of 90, but am aiming for 95+.

ladymarella

HSC
Ext 1 English -Am looking forward to this, want to do well
Ext 1 Maths- I never used to like math, but it got WAY better in years 9 and 10.
Ancient History-
Modern History- I want to do really well in both the histories as i eventually want to end up in an English university researching and doing library work.
Music 1- As a release subject for Year 11, then hopefully dropping it and doing Ext History.
I am really going to have to get way more organised with study.
Can't wait for yr 11 but, especially Modern

ATAR aim: 88+, higher would be nice, but i 'm a realist (I think it's about 83 for a BA of Arts, which is what I want to do, majoring in English and History)

Last edited:

xMaFF

HSC
Hey yall.

I would just like to raise discussion on whether it is possible to achieve a 95+ (or even perhaps a 99+) ATAR without doing any EXTENSION courses.

What do you think? Is it possible?

Oladele

HSC
Math Ext., Math, Adv. English, Business Studies, Ancient and Modern History, Japanese Beginners
:/

I probably made some bad decisions.. but I will try my best to be ranked #1 in all of them :)

ATAR aim: 96+ (Pretty difficult! Considering I don't go to a selective school AND my school is not in the top 200 :( )

Last edited:

xMaFF

HSC
Math Ext., Math, Adv. English, Business Studies, Ancient and Modern History, Japanese Beginners
:/

I probably made some bad decisions.. but I will try my best to be ranked #1 in all of them :)

ATAR aim: 96+ (Oh mangz!)

*Hi-5* for Japanese beginners, lol !

Not too sure it will contribute well scaling-wise but I'm sure that it will be a good release.
Any comments / suggestions in regards to this subject (or changing it, even perhaps) is welcomed as I'm sorting out my subs.

I'll be aiming around your ATAR mark too! Gambatte! xD

Oladele

HSC
Um I'm probably not gonna keep it.
However I do enjoy my fair share of anime ;)

Also I'm wondering if doing both Math Ext 1 and History Ext. is a good idea for Yr 12?

And is an ATAR of 96+ even possible for someone like me? Who is not in a Top 200 school and probably won't get DUX of his year?

Last edited:

occer

HSC
N/A
How did you go in the SC?

It's not really that great of an indicator but meh.

santiii

HSC
My subjects are in my sig. I really want to top my year for Economics, Society and Culture and Accounting (even though my class has like 6 people in it :p). Also, to get high in my other classes.

I'm going to wait and see how I go next year before I decide what class to drop (if I do) for HSC.

I definitely want an ATAR above 90, but I'd be much happier with 95+ :D

santiii

HSC
I am hoping to get the TAFE course done in 1 year (as you sit the major exam at the end of year 11 and can do the rest of the course over X-mas) and then drop PDHPE. I will then only have 8 units to concentrate on.
Hey I'm doing Accounting as well and do you know where I can go to find out about doing the rest of Christmas because that would relive a lot of stress HSC year. Which TAFE are you doing yours at?

Mythril

HSC
*Hi-5* for Japanese beginners, lol !

Not too sure it will contribute well scaling-wise but I'm sure that it will be a good release.
Any comments / suggestions in regards to this subject (or changing it, even perhaps) is welcomed as I'm sorting out my subs.

I'll be aiming around your ATAR mark too! Gambatte! xD
Lol, all I can say if you're doing Japanese beginners is that you'll find the subject really really easy if you have a super duper keen interest in Japanese. I remember when I first took up japanese in year 8 and I found the stuff that we learnt throughout that year to be really easy because I was hooked into japanese stuff then and so I found everything interesting and easy to learn. But then after that in years 9 and 10, I found that I was starting to hate Japanese and dreaded Japanese lessons... but I'm sure you'll do fine in this because as I said you probably do have a keen interest in Japanese so you'll find it easy~ Don't worry and yes, gambatte to you~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)