scarybunny said:
Is there one for "incorrect PIN"?
because I do that accidently sometimes.
At my work it says "DECLINED - Retry Pin"

I want to get a stolen card so i can confiscate it. :D

Pilotdude

HSC
For the woolies if it comes up:

01 Declined call SPVR and i think 51 is the same, i had the pleasure of calling the cops on someone, we knew he stole from us and when it came up i had a funny feeling he had stole a credit card. Sure enough he had knocked off an old ladys house.

Checked the card name and it was Pamela someone lol he was a boonga.

Evilo

HSC
I reckon if you had a stolen credit card, and the cashier was like "umm hold on a bit i just have to call the manger" as if you wouldnt piss bolt.

CieL

HSC
Today was an especially bitchy day. Two people on seperate occassions pissed me off.

A guy comes through my checkout with a backpack. Whilst serving him, I ask him:
Me: May I please check inside your bag please?
Him: For fucks sake. *Takes his bag off his shoulders* EVERYTIME I come in here, y'all ask to look inside my bag, like I'm a fucking criminal.
Me: I'm sorry, I have to -
Him: - No, you don't HAVE to.
Me: Yes I do.
Him: The people at Woolies hardly check my bag. It's because I'm riding a motorbike aye? *points to his lime green bike outside*
Me: Oh, you ride a bike? I didnt even know it was your bike in the first place.
Him: *rips open his backpack for me to see inside - nothing* See nothing.
Me: Thank you, that'll be $12.85.

I mean for fucks sake. My register is right in front of the security camera, and part of my fucking job description is to check EVERYONE's bag which is large enough to fit two loafs of bread in. You could of put 5 loaves of bread in that stupid bag. You think I really want to waste my time looking inside your stupid bag? Jesus. Defensive whining bastard.

Our store has a kiosk that sells cigarettes to people who just want to buy smokes. It also has two checkouts on the side where the seniors work. It was 8am, and I was the only senior there. Meaning I had to handle the large trolleys of groceries, plus the kiosk. There's two registers, I was at the one further away from the door, and my back is 90 degrees facing the front entrance.

It got fkn busy suddenly and I was trying to get the trolleys of groceries through as fast as possible. I served the last two customers then turned around looking for stuff to do. I see a lady standing at the kiosk and I go up to her:

Me: Hi, how are you? What would you like?
Her: Did you know, that you served two other people before me?
Me: I'm sorry, I didnt see you.
Her: Maybe you should look behind you every so often.
Me: Sorry I don't have eyes at the back of my head.

Seriously, you're standing 3m away from where I'm working. If you were smart, you'd stand next to where I'm working, so I can glance/see you from the side of my eyes. However, it doesn't work that way if you're standing in my blind spot.
And no, I'm not going to turn around just for you. If you're so desperate for your fucking cigarettes maybe you should learn to line up.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I don't understand why people get so defensive when you ask to check their bags. You've got nothing to hide, it's part of their job, so just open your stupid bag. It takes all of 5 seconds so it's no inconvenience. ANDD by checking bags they're reducing shoplifting which means they don't have to increase prices to cover the cost of stolen goods.

Fucking whingers.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
argh, you people are lucky though, checking every1's bag

my manager only gets me to check bags when he actually thinks somebody has stolen something (and only 1 time in 100 they actually have)

so in my case, they get defensive because my manager is pretty much accusing them of shoplifting

Pace_T

HSC
i worked as a check out chick for about 6 months or so and its got to be the worst job ive ever had. no wonder why most of the things said in this thread have been about the check outs :D

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
you know whats boring?? working in a shopping center that doesnt get many customers at all! like im sometimes lucky to get 30 ppl through my doors at one of my jobs and lucky if 30 ppl actually buy stuff at my other job!! it makes the day goes as slow as possible and i swear my boss ges amusment out of yelling at me evey second day!!

CieL

HSC
townie said:
argh, you people are lucky though, checking every1's bag

my manager only gets me to check bags when he actually thinks somebody has stolen something (and only 1 time in 100 they actually have)

so in my case, they get defensive because my manager is pretty much accusing them of shoplifting
Really? So Woolies doesn't have a must check large bags policy?

lol awesome... then that guy who yelled at me must of been suss at Woolies if he was checked there a few times

But it's stupid.. most people don't put stolen items in their bags anyway.. usuallly they just shove it in their pocket/sleeves/pants..

and yes, we have caught a woman with christmas decoration down her pants.. guess she wanted to decorate downstairs a bit

J

jhakka

I haven't had any problems yet, but...

Borders now charges 10c per plastic bag. No, Borders does not profit from this. All the money is going to Coast Care. I don't care if you get the shits and refuse to pay 10c for a bag. That's kind of the point anyway.

Just covering that one in advance.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Really? So Woolies doesn't have a must check large bags policy?

lol awesome... then that guy who yelled at me must of been suss at Woolies if he was checked there a few times

But it's stupid.. most people don't put stolen items in their bags anyway.. usuallly they just shove it in their pocket/sleeves/pants..

and yes, we have caught a woman with christmas decoration down her pants.. guess she wanted to decorate downstairs a bit
oh we have that policy, our store just never enforces it much

RTTTYTR

HSC
townie said:
-library cards generally dont have dates of births

-customers are lazy, and generally the young and fit ones tell u if they have a problem with their backs or something, or they ask politely

-we dont talk back to customers because we'd lose our jobs, we want to keep them, we need the money. even the managers bitch about the customers

-the customer is not always right, that is a myth. i dont need the customer, the customer needs me, otherwise they wouldnt come shopping here, they tend to forget that
My highschool library ID had the DOB on it

CieL

HSC
RTTTYTR said:
My highschool library ID had the DOB on it
Did it also have your picture in it?

I guess it's because cards are easy to fake.

So we only accept the ones with proper holograms and weird ink and all this other BS.

HSC
CieL said:
Our store has a kiosk that sells cigarettes to people who just want to buy smokes. It also has two checkouts on the side where the seniors work. It was 8am, and I was the only senior there. Meaning I had to handle the large trolleys of groceries, plus the kiosk. There's two registers, I was at the one further away from the door, and my back is 90 degrees facing the front entrance.

It got fkn busy suddenly and I was trying to get the trolleys of groceries through as fast as possible. I served the last two customers then turned around looking for stuff to do. I see a lady standing at the kiosk and I go up to her:

Me: Hi, how are you? What would you like?
Her: Did you know, that you served two other people before me?
Me: I'm sorry, I didnt see you.
Her: Maybe you should look behind you every so often.
Me: Sorry I don't have eyes at the back of my head.

Seriously, you're standing 3m away from where I'm working. If you were smart, you'd stand next to where I'm working, so I can glance/see you from the side of my eyes. However, it doesn't work that way if you're standing in my blind spot.
And no, I'm not going to turn around just for you. If you're so desperate for your fucking cigarettes maybe you should learn to line up.
A similar thing occurs at my store. Our express lanes are in the "next please" format (i don't really know how to explain any other way), so that the person in smokeshop can also serve on an express lane when required. The designated smokeshop operator is required to serve on express UNLESS there is a customer waiting at smokeshop. We always have customers complain because they have waited longer than the person at smokeshop, yet someone is serving the other customer as soon as they are available.

So last week, a customer complained about this. So my csm, who was serving on the lane next to me, explained that I was the smokeshop operator and it is my responsibility to serve those customers. But this customer wasn't happy, so I said to my csm, in front of this customer, if my helping the express operators is going to cause problems, then I'll just stay in smokeshop. My god, the customer soon changed her position when i didn't serve her. But on a positive note, our smokeshop had never been more full ;) !

CieL

HSC
Please refrain from using foul language or attempt to threaten me when something is out of my control.
Also, when I say NO, I really do mean NO.

I had this phone call to the store this morning when I was working by myself (again):

Me: *opening blurt*
Guy: *bogan accent* Excuse me, do you sell those graphic DVDs?
Me: Graphic DVDs? Are you talking about normal DVDs perhaps?
Guy: No. Graphic DVDs.
Me: Sorry we only sell normal blank DVDs.
Guy: *pause* Do you know what I'm talking about?
Me: No, not really.
Guy: You know, the DVDs with the bears and the penguins..
Me: OH! You mean the National Geographic DVDs that come with the newspaper?
Guy: Yeah those. Do you have any?
Me: No, not today. As far as I know, they only come with the Sunday newspaper.
Guy: *gets frustrated* NO. It said that you could get a graphic DVD if you pay $2 for it.
Me: Ah, I don't know anything about that. I just received the newspapers from the paper boy and he did not send me any DVDs.
Guy: But.............. k, do you know the name of the newsagency down the road?
Me: No, I wouldnt have a clue.
Guy: FUCK!!
**hangs up on me**

About 15mins later, the faggot actually had the guts to come into the store and ask me the same questions.

Guy: *blah blah recites*
Me: Oh, you're the guy that called before right? I told you we don't have any. Have you tried the newsagency?
Guy: They said they don't have any.
Me: Well I'm afraid we don't either.
Guy: *gets uber frustrated, raises his voice and looks like he's going strangle me for not having his bear and penguin DVD* Call someone down for me.
Me: Like who?
Guy: Someone who knows something about this.
Me: I'm afraid no-one does.
Guy: You find me those DVDs! I'm sure you keep them under the register!
Me: Uhh...... *thinks: wtf am I supposed to do? Pull it out of my ass?* I have told you once, and will tell you again, that we do NOT have any National Geographic DVDs. None. Zilch. Zero. The paper boy didnt give me any, and no-one knows anything about them.
Guy: FUCK!! *storms out of the store*

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
#1 - We don't have an EFTPOS machine. Why? Because we're a ocal business who sets up a stall at the local shopping centres for two weeks in the year offering books at a full thirty percent discount. The author makes virtually no money out of them as he has to pay for floor space, liability insurance, wages and commissions. Hiring an EFTPOS machine costs too damn much. Of course, we could always sell them at full retail price, but you'd complain about that, too.

#2 - Because we don't have EFTPOS, we have to do all credit transactions by writing everything out on a credit slip. The boss then contacts the bank and does the transaction. Yes, it's legit; we wouldn't be doing it otherwise. Yes, I have to write slowly because if I cock it up, he has to call you and get all your information again. No, you don't get this as your recepit because then the transaction cannot be finished that way.

#3 - Yes, I know my co-worker is hot, though I'd never tell her as much. And yes, she sells three times as much as I do for sheer virtue of the fact that she has ovaries and I don't. But if you come over here because you're hoping to catch a glimmer, she will put you in your place before you have time to think twice. And if you come over to me hoping to ogle her chest without her realising it, you might want to think about being somewhere else.

#4 - Don't waste my time. I have a job to do and while you seem to have all day to prowl around shopping centres making an arse of yourself, I don't. If you're here to waste my time, you won't like the consequences.

J

jhakka

Don't complain that the music is too loud for you to concentrate on reading some book. Buy the fucking thing and read it at home. We encourage you to browse, but seriously, don't sit and read an entire novel.

And no, we will not decide if we want to be a book shop or a music shop. We make a hell of a lot more money being both.

skynet89

HSC
lol at this thread. i've never had a job serving anyone or in retail so i cant share your pain. office job ftw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)