Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
What?
Can't hear what I just said?
Need me to repeat myself?

TAKE THOSE BLOODY EARPHONES OUT OF YOUR EARS!

xxxx8888

HSC
greekgun said:
This has probably been said 1 million times on this thread but i need to vent. Stupid bitch lady just comes up to me and dumps her basket right infront of me and expects for me to un pack for her. Then she has the nerve to ignore me how she? And then i asked her if she had FB and she didnt say anything. After the transaction she pulled out her FB and asked for me to put it in the transaction- so i just grabed it and scanned it and pretended it went through. Then she just left and didnt even bother to take the basket of the conveyer belt. Rule: unpack your groceries- if u do this it will b so much easier for us to pack the soft stuff with the soft, and hard with the hard.
I think someone said in a previous post that they just turn over the whole baskets and let all the stuff fall out and then pack it...i might start doing that.
:mad: :mad: :mad: End of rant
i tell customers to unpack their basket.
ie 'do you mind unpacking your basket?'
'is it ok if you unpack your basket?'
and if they get pissed off too bad.

i asked this lady to unpack her basket and she goes, 'you want ME to unpack MY basket?' and i go 'yes, it makes it easier for me to pack your bags properly'. she looks annoyed and started unpacking her basket while i'm serving the customer before her, and leaves one item in the basket. okay... when it's my time to serve her she goes 'in MY unpacking of the basket, i found THIS (holds up a packet of salad with a hole in it...lol) and so i don't WANT it'. i'm like 'okay' and fling it into the pile of damaged/dump stock.

when i cbb asking them to unpack it, i stop the convey belt from moving so the basket is just sitting there. if they still want to be lazy and stand there and don't unpack it i make the belt move again, grab it then tip everything out.

once this man just left a GREEN BAG FULL OF GROCERIES on the conveyor belt and i didn't realise til it was too late. lawl. so he somehow expected me to unpack everything onto where exactly (the customer before him or already unpacked her things)? or he expected me to scan items one by one as i took them out and then what? leave them by the side and create a huge pile then re-pack it? UHH. i got pissed off and it sort of showed when i started unpacking and he went off at me. LOL. "DON'T THROW MY THINGS, EVEN I DON'T THROW MY THINGS. WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, I'M ONLY TRYING TO SAVE BAGS (yeah, totally miss the point dumbass)". i started talking back and he kept cutting me off with "JUST DON'T, I'M A CUSTOMER, I CAN TAKE THIS FURTHER".

omg, don't you just hate those condescending old people. i put biscuits into a bag and held them up on the side so after i put the heavier things in i can put it on top because they did a crap job of putting things up on the belt and this lady goes "DON'T do that. don't they teach you how to pack bags?"

i told her what i was doing and she gets all embarrassed.

i sfelt like stabbing her eyes out. i was so tempted to tell her nobody needs to be TAUGHT how to pack bags, it's common sense and therefore she is a complete dumbass for asking that question even if it was for the sole purpose of wanting to patronise. yeah, maybe not the last bit.

Pace_T

HSC
those conveyor belts had me baffled all my life. so it IS the cashier people who control it? i always thought it moved automatically by a sensor, but always still questioned that idea. im dumb.

xxxx8888

HSC
Pace_T said:
those conveyor belts had me baffled all my life. so it IS the cashier people who control it? i always thought it moved automatically by a sensor, but always still questioned that idea. im dumb.
no, there is a sensor. i just stopped the belt from moving by dropping the divider down.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
xxxx8888 said:
no, there is a sensor. i just stopped the belt from moving by dropping the divider down.
lollll, ME 2. I thought i was the only one that does that.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Pace_T said:
theres a sensor at the end of the conveyor belt, so when items reach that sensor, the belt stops, and as we remove the items them scan/pack them, the sensor is out of range and it moves again, although we can turn the belt on/off by a switch.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
This weekend I put harnesses on people (mostly little kids) so they could climb the mobile climbing wall.
Some things-
- You do not know how to put a harness on. That much is clear. If you did what I told you to do, it'd be done by now. But you didn't listen so we have to start again.
- If you want more than one go, leave the harness on and get back in line. So many kids let me take the harness off, go to their parents for 5 seconds then ask me for another go. Pain in the ass.
- That said, if there's a big queue you get ONE go, because other people want a go too.
- PARENTS. Don't talk to your kid while I'm telling them what to do. Don't touch the harness, I know what I'm doing (I've been involved with climbing since i was SEVEN)
Don't follow the kid into the climbing area. There's a sign, read it. Don't bitch when I tell you to get behind the fence. Your kid will be fine by themselves for 5 minutes. You can talk to them from behind the fence if you must.

This stuff is mostly a matter of SAFETY. So DO IT.

rach19

HSC
some customers just expect you to obey whatever comes out of their mouth, after working in hospitality for almost 3 years I have these rules

- If you want your coffee made a certain way, ie mocha with extra chocolate please tell me before you drink half of it.
- Cash only means dont order and ask if I can put your card though
- No I do not respond when you through money across the counter at me
- I dont not call taxis for randoms off the street, use the pay phone
- Next time you wait for your five cents while starting at me dont be surprised if I drop it
- If I am cleaning the fidges and look up it doesnt mean I will serve you my boss is quite cabable of putting food in a bag
- I may be in school but I can cook your food on a grill, dont ignore me and wait till someone older asks for your order.
- No I do not wish to have a conversation I have work to do

CieL

HSC
xxxx8888 said:
i started talking back and he kept cutting me off with "JUST DON'T, I'M A CUSTOMER, I CAN TAKE THIS FURTHER".
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH for real? He said that?!
What a prick.

With the sensor bar, it pisses me off when kids play with it.
It's alright when they do it twice then leave after their little thrill, but it gets annoying when the groceries are at the end of the belt, and the kid puts his hand over the sensor bar for every centimetre the groceries travel.

I don't understand how some parents can just let their kids run wild over the supermarket, and not tell them off for bad shit they do.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
CieL said:
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH for real? He said that?!
What a prick.

With the sensor bar, it pisses me off when kids play with it.
It's alright when they do it twice then leave after their little thrill, but it gets annoying when the groceries are at the end of the belt, and the kid puts his hand over the sensor bar for every centimetre the groceries travel.

I don't understand how some parents can just let their kids run wild over the supermarket, and not tell them off for bad shit they do.
thats life for you mate...piss me off when parents let them run wild, i hate it when little kids try to help me scan the products and they start throwing everything over the scanner, and i dont know what has been scanned and some double scan, so i need to delete and report it on paper and all this is going on, and the parents just watch.......control your fucken KID...assholes, i dont mind, it takes longer for me to finish and let them go, but when the next customer in-line starts giving me dirties for taking long, thats what burns me.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Lots of parents these days are soft and/or stupid, creating dependent, needy children with zero manners.

That said, there were a few kids this weekend who were really polite and well-spoken. Kudos to their parents.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Oh...this happened to me the other day, u guys are going to love it!

You know when theres 2 registers and 1 line for the customers and as the customers come closer, it diverges into 2 registers, and you can either choose to go through the register where ciggaretts are sold or just go to the next service lane. Well i was working at the service lane and my mate was working at the main register(customer service desk).

I was serving a customer and as i scanned all his items, i asked for fly-buys, and he enthusiatically asked me whats fly-buys, and me being the good employee, told him that fly-buys gets you points when you spend and blah blah blah.... and he gave me the money and i finished the transcation. My mate at the main register was getting ciggies for a customer and so i said..."Next please" and there was like a 40 year old guy that just stood there and looking at the floor, and i was like "excuse me sir, would u like to come over here", he stomps his feet and says in a loud and angry voice "BUT I DONT HAVE FLY-BUYS" (OBVIOUSLY BEING SARCASTIC)...and i was like "nah dont worry about it"...i look at my mate and he looks at me and we sort of start laughing....and as the customer is coming towards me, he just starts mumbling swear-words and shit and then finally i gave him his change and he says, he comes the million dollar words. "MATE, CUSTOMER SERVICE AINT A BUSINESS"...and i turned around and burst into laughter....

.....FUCKEN ASSHOLE.... next time, ill just look at the floor and throw your change on the ground, so you can pick it up like the dog you are...

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Now, please don't tell me I'm wrong blah blah, let me finish my rant.

Other day I go to serve a busy smokeshop and the guy starts off like every customer returning something does, *opening plastic bag* "I bought this the other day/just now..". So it was some meat which was reduced but the cashier who served him scanned it at full price. Happens all the time, and as it was a customer mistake not scanning policy he was to receive the difference (the day before I was told this and had been before by a supervisor who's been there for years). So he says with a little smile "So I get it for free, right?". I think he's joking and just smile then realise he's being serious and say "no sorry, just the difference". "No, I get it for free", "just the difference I'm afraid". The customers around him then start joining in with him and saying "no, he gets it for free!". I think ffs, walk over to another supervisor and ask him, he agrees that its the difference and he walks over to explain it to them then they all start getting narky with him. So we get the service supervisor and she says "yeah, he gets it for free, we brought this new policy in last week I just forgot to tell anyone".

WHAT THE FUCK. How can you FORGET to tell everyone this, and how would the freaking customers know before the people who serve them. Grr, you should've seen the look of satisfaction on the smug bastards face.

This is more a rule for employees, tell your staff when things like this come through, gah.

decypher

HSC
jodi..1 said:
WHAT THE FUCK. How can you FORGET to tell everyone this, and how would the freaking customers know before the people who serve them. Grr, you should've seen the look of satisfaction on the smug bastards face.
The head supervisor was just appeasing the masses so that they'd come back and shop again. Happens all the time in retail because getting the customer to return and buy stuff again often out weighs the cost of the free item. Also it diffuses a situation that can get out of hand.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
jodi..1 said:

Other day I go to serve a busy smokeshop and the guy starts off like every customer returning something does, *opening plastic bag* "I bought this the other day/just now..". So it was some meat which was reduced but the cashier who served him scanned it at full price. Happens all the time, and as it was a customer mistake not scanning policy he was to receive the difference (the day before I was told this and had been before by a supervisor who's been there for years). So he says with a little smile "So I get it for free, right?". I think he's joking and just smile then realise he's being serious and say "no sorry, just the difference". "No, I get it for free", "just the difference I'm afraid". The customers around him then start joining in with him and saying "no, he gets it for free!". I think ffs, walk over to another supervisor and ask him, he agrees that its the difference and he walks over to explain it to them then they all start getting narky with him. So we get the service supervisor and she says "yeah, he gets it for free, we brought this new policy in last week I just forgot to tell anyone".

This is more a rule for employees, tell your staff when things like this come through, gah.
according to the proper like, scanning code of conduct, your original assessment, that he only gets the difference, was correct, if it makes u feel any better.

the code doesnt cover "human error"

edit: on that note, i wonder how many customers actually know that that policy is a voluntary Code of Conduct, and it isnt like the law or anything, so i wish they'd stop acting like it is.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
jodi..1 said:

you are right, its only the difference. Which retail outlet do you work at?

btw is called "Code of Practice": when an item scans higher then the ticketted price, the customer recieves the item for free. If they have the same multiply items, the first item is free and the rest are the ticketted price (lower price).

which discounted stickers, the code of practice does not apply.

dickheads working at the back didnt visual verify the item correctly as to receive a notice when scanned that its discounted.

bastards...i hate that

greekgun

HSC
wrxsti said:
you are right, its only the difference. Which retail outlet do you work at?

btw is called "Code of Practice": when an item scans higher then the ticketted price, the customer recieves the item for free. If they have the same multiply items, the first item is free and the rest are the ticketted price (lower price).

which discounted stickers, the code of practice does not apply.

dickheads working at the back didnt visual verify the item correctly as to receive a notice when scanned that its discounted.

bastards...i hate that
speaking of the discount stickers- around new years time and xmas, all the frozen turkeys were avalable and cost like 20-30 or so dollars. Anyway, this customer comes up with a trolly of like 10 or so of these turkeys, all with discount stickers on them from other items. Now i glared at him and said
me: "why did u take discount sitkcers of other items and stick them on the turkeys?"
the customer said: "i didnt; they are discounted
me " yeah because a 20 dollar item would be discounted from 20 to 2 dollars when the expirary date is ages away."
Anyway i called the supervisor and he came and called fresh produce and both of them said
"none of the frozen turkeys are marked down and they probably never will be."
It was quite olbvious that he had put the stickers on them himself and he was dertimened to get them at the dicounted price. Long story short, the head supervisor had to take him to the video room, and found footage of him taking discounted stickers of yogut and such and putting them on the stickers. Then he had the nerve to tip over the trolly and run away. But now that i look back i find it pretty funny.

CieL

HSC
Do not. I repeat, do not come shopping for groceries when you're loaded up on drugs and alcohol.

Yesterday there was this old guy who looked like he was smacked out hard on E or something. His eyes were full rolled back, eyelids 3/4 closed, sounded like he was either snoring or had difficulty breathing.

He had this guy with him who seemed to be a friend [he was sober/straight] to help him shop. The friend loaded everything onto the belt and I scanned and packed everything.

The friend asked the druggie to take out his wallet. The druggie goes "huh" then does the snoring noise again. It almost seemed he was sleeping standing up.... but not.... and the friend had to ask at least 10 times before the drugged up fuck took his wallet out.... this no joke, took 5mins

Each time you ask something, his eyes roll forward, rolls back again.. then he snores.. over and over again

I asked the friend to grab the wallet and VOILA! I saw a savings card. I thought..... fuck man, you better have his fucking PIN...... Friend's like, "The PIN's 7473 right? Like last time?" and I was thinking to myself....... there was a fucking last time? Turns out PIN was wrong. Tried asking the druggie his PIN. He kept snoring on me. *Transaction timed out*.

Fuck. Do it again. Friend tries again and types wrong PIN. It's the 3rd and final attempt. I was literally yelling in the druggie's ear to make him stay on earth for me to type in his fucking PIN number. I was like, "Ok, what's the FIRST DIGIT of your PIN number?".... he'd be like.... *snore* "First............." *snore*.........
System times out a-fucking-gain.

I literally had enough. I was pissed off. Angry. Annoyed.
His friend was also pissed.... and his friend just went out the door saying, "It's not my fucking fault you decided to pop like 50 pills before you go grocery shopping".

The security guard had to escort the drugged up dude out. And the fucker kept falling asleep or falling into LaLa land every half a step. He also left his long neck outside the door.

CieL

HSC
greekgun said:
speaking of the discount stickers- around new years time and xmas, all the frozen turkeys were avalable and cost like 20-30 or so dollars. Anyway, this customer comes up with a trolly of like 10 or so of these turkeys, all with discount stickers on them from other items.
Yeah we had something similar happen. But smarter.

These bogans.. would find barcodes of cheap stuff which come in a sticker form.. and stick it over the barcode of expensive stuff, like nappies. So if we're not checking each item that scans up on screen, it'll just go through without notice..

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Yeah we had something similar happen. But smarter.

These bogans.. would find barcodes of cheap stuff which come in a sticker form.. and stick it over the barcode of expensive stuff, like nappies. So if we're not checking each item that scans up on screen, it'll just go through without notice..
Those dam bogans...i think there starting to get smarter! I swear if i the head manager/owner of any store i would shotgun every bogan in the face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)