"Running up a Dress" (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone can give me a hand with "Running up a Dress"? I don't think my analysis of it is sufficient enough, i can't raise my mark above 15 for any of my australian essays and it's gonna pull down my mark for Brecht cos i'm just soo crap with the aussie essay, so does anyone have any good notes about Running up a Dress? I'm especially concerned with the whole context thing as well..(feminist movements n stuff?) It'd be great if someone can help me! I'm happy to give u some notes on Brecht cos i'm good with the brecht stuff.

thanks guys!
-marilia- xoxo

dezzy

HSC
i dont study this text but i found this short paragraph on it in some of my notes whilst doing some drama study....yes thats right....lol

it reads:

"Running up a Dress is a collection of intricately interconnected breif utterances, drawn from collected personal experriences and from public discourses of women's work and lives. It is a text that invites different theatrical styles in its production. Here the openness of the dramatic form is part of the point, a theatrical alternative to the traditional dramatic narrative of character conflict, reflecting a political challenge to traditional ways in which women's experience is represented and understood."

Hope this helps...sorry its not much..

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Critics work well, Peta Tait is a good one to use for Running... Erm... Argument is normally something that can push you over into the fifth or sixth bands. What you need to do is speak generally, then give a detailed example from the text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)