Rupert Murdoch - "Bludger mustn't become Aussie icon" (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
tau281290 said:
Seriously lols @ ppl who don't think China will be the next superpower. i think its going to be shared by a few.
China probably won't be. It's more likely to be India or Brazil (and alongside eachother and America, not in place of America)

It's all well and good to have an army with lots of people (yet out-dated equipment) and a bunch of people starting to consume in a quasi-capitalist system, but I don't think they can really trump massive political instability, coercion, and a one-party state.

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Aging population

Seriously reduced manufacturing base

Massive structural unemployment

Huge govt debt and strain

gg fucktard
Errr...are you talking about the US?

wagga

HSC
tau281290 said:
So what is Murdoch saying? Survival of the fittest? He is telling the govt to scrap all the welfare support in a competitive world, i.e. telling the ones who can't survive just die.

That's great advice for those who want to live a competitive world, but too bad for those who just want to suck off the welfare system.

I don't think survival of the fittest is exercised in this world at all. It should be part of nature, but human beings are distinct animals who have conscience.

In effect, we are going back to the beginning of primal earth, rather than advancing.
I don't think anyone is advocating removing welfare, just restructuring the system so that those who are on welfare schemes such as the family tax benefits can work if they want, without huge penalties for doing so.

poWerdrY

HSC
Trefoil said:
China probably won't be. It's more likely to be India or Brazil (and alongside eachother and America, not in place of America)

It's all well and good to have an army with lots of people (yet out-dated equipment) and a bunch of people starting to consume in a quasi-capitalist system, but I don't think they can really trump massive political instability, coercion, and a one-party state.
brazil? why?

oh, and i agree with alot of the things murdoch talked aobut

zstar

HSC
N/A
Miles Edgeworth said:
The US doesn't have those issues to anywhere near the same degree. I'm still shocked that most people don't know this...

China's aging population is their achilles heel. One Child policy has crippled them come 2015 - 2020 for the next generation. The SEAns can't communicate or collaborate effectively because of nationalism (Batshit INSANE nationalism), and China's current prosperity is tied to the US inasmuch as if one goes down the other shall surely follow.

No it isn't.

Exports only account for 7% of GDP and American borrows money from China to keep afloat.

As the U.S dollar declines China will consume more and more of its own products whereas America manufactures hardly anything if anything at all anymore.

tau281290

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
The US doesn't have those issues to anywhere near the same degree. I'm still shocked that most people don't know this...

China's aging population is their achilles heel. One Child policy has crippled them come 2015 - 2020 for the next generation. The SEAns can't communicate or collaborate effectively because of nationalism (Batshit INSANE nationalism), and China's current prosperity is tied to the US inasmuch as if one goes down the other shall surely follow.
Self denial...you know which century u r living in right now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)