Ryde Secondary selective interview help (1 Viewer)

Mugiwara

HSC
N/A
Hey there, I'm in year 9 and i just recently got notified that I'm going for an interview at Ryde Secondary College year 10 selective soon. (It's going to be with the principal) This is my first time getting an interview and it's going to be on a Monday. Any tips on what i should say or prepare for at the interview?
Should I wear my school uniform or casual clothes? (I'm missing school that day for the interview)
What sort of questions are they going to ask?
Are they going to ask what my future aspiration is? (Because frankly I have no idea)
Also does this basically mean I got in if I don't mess up the interview in some way which is highly unlikely. (I'll be really happy if I move because I want to be in a selective class of some sort)

Any help would be appreciated :)

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey there, I'm in year 9 and i just recently got notified that I'm going for an interview at Ryde Secondary College year 10 selective soon. (It's going to be with the principal) This is my first time getting an interview and it's going to be on a Monday. Any tips on what i should say or prepare for at the interview?
Should I wear my school uniform or casual clothes? (I'm missing school that day for the interview)
What sort of questions are they going to ask?
Are they going to ask what my future aspiration is? (Because frankly I have no idea)
Also does this basically mean I got in if I don't mess up the interview in some way which is highly unlikely. (I'll be really happy if I move because I want to be in a selective class of some sort)

Any help would be appreciated :)
1. Wear your school uniform, it'll look better on you.
2. They'll pretty much ask the generic questions like, why do you want to come here, what would you contribute to the school, etc. Make up some stuff. :p
3. That's a possibility

TBH if you don't make it into selective it doesn't really matter, just go into the non-selective stream coz both streams are integrated by the time it gets to year 11.

I used to go to ryde secondary btw.

Mugiwara

HSC
N/A
1. Wear your school uniform, it'll look better on you.
2. They'll pretty much ask the generic questions like, why do you want to come here, what would you contribute to the school, etc. Make up some stuff. :p
3. That's a possibility

TBH if you don't make it into selective it doesn't really matter, just go into the non-selective stream coz both streams are integrated by the time it gets to year 11.

I used to go to ryde secondary btw.
It kinda matters to me, I want to be in an environment even if it's just a small percentage where people actually want to achieve high and are motivated.

Off topic: Does Ryde Secondary have air conditioners in every classroom?
Also, do the toilets have soap and toilet paper?

nifkeh

HSC
I don't mean to break your hopes but I think your average public high school would not have air conditioning in every classroom, except for the computer rooms, probably is the case in ryde I think. because mine only has fans in every classroom except for the computer rooms, whereas my primary school practically had air conditioning in a large segment of the school..

and I think they would have soap, toilet paper of course :p

funstudy

HSC
Wear school uniform. For thesee types of interviews, they may ask generic questions e.g. why do you want to come, what appeals you to this school, what aspects appeal to you, may ask about current affairs (so stay updated). They may also ask about hobbies and interests- may ask about your future, but probs not.

Usually if you get to the interview stage and you do reasonably well, it's a good sign. You don't have to do superbly well, but don't mess it up bad i.e. give the impression you don't want to come to this school, be rude, avoid eye contact and stare at the ground or mumble etc.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Hey!

1. Wear your school uniform. Make sure that you look neat, presentation is important.
2. Be confident and cheerful even if you are usually shy when talking to strangers. Also, maintain an erect posture.
3. Asking about your future aspiration is a common question in selective school interviews - you could say something more ambiguous like, 'I'm not so sure since I'm only in the 9th grade right now, but perhaps somewhere in the science (or insert whatever) field'. Although, since you are young, I doubt they will.
4. Some other questions they may ask you are - Why do you want to come to Ryde Secondary? What do you like about your current school? What is your favourite subject and why? What subject do you think you do best in? Do you participate in extra co-curricular activities? They may also ask you some trivial personal questions like - what is your favourite movie? or Describe your personality?
5. I'm not sure if not messing up the interview guarantees a spot. it depends on how many other students are also getting interviewed and how many spots are available. If you can, try to find out through students in the previous years who tried to/enter Ryde in the same way you are

Good luck ! :)

HSC
Uni Grad
It kinda matters to me, I want to be in an environment even if it's just a small percentage where people actually want to achieve high and are motivated.

Off topic: Does Ryde Secondary have air conditioners in every classroom?
Also, do the toilets have soap and toilet paper?
No they don't have air con; iirc, they have air con in some rooms, but hardly any otherwise.

Yes, soap and toilet paper, they have it.

Mugiwara

HSC
N/A
Ah thanks guys, I made it in by the way. Basically I had already made it in, but this interview was just for formality and more like a "get to know" each other sort of thing.
I also wore my school tie that I borrowed from a friend, I hope that left a good impression. :p

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah thanks guys, I made it in by the way. Basically I had already made it in, but this interview was just for formality and more like a "get to know" each other sort of thing.
I also wore my school tie that I borrowed from a friend, I hope that left a good impression. :p
Were you in the local area?

BTW I hope ryde secondary gets better rankings over the next few years. Seriously, the students attitudes to their studies are so good from year 7-10 but in year 11-12 it starts falling apart =_=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)